Can you cure "wing low"

Im just going to throw this out here. Wings are evenly dihedral. Fuselage hanging at 90 degrees to a cord running wingtip to wing tip. Plane flies 3 degrees left wing low. Adjust the fuselage so it hangs 87 degrees off the wing cord line. Not sure that adjustment is always possible. Make one strut longer and the other one shorter. Anyway, like I said, I really dont know. Whatever you do, log it in the airframe logbook so it can be undone and put back the way it was.

And the problem is, no matter what you do, it's going to be different for different airspeeds?

Last edited:
The way it is, it may be costing you more gas money than you realize.
Actually, leaned and high I'm burning 7 gals an hour at 2450 RPM. Pull it back another 100 rpm & I'm 6.5 GPH. But I get your point that I'm slipping while I'm sipping.

I've noted the same on my bird. Has a minor tendency to turn left, but then I usually notice it on a long cross country when it's only me in the seat. I try to load the luggage to help balance it out, and then usually I have more fuel in the left wing by nature of how my aux tank system works. Normal right rudder on climb, slight left rudder on high speed descents. Mostly it flies hands off exactly how I would expect it too...

not enough information is given.....the plane in question needs to be stalled (coordinated....ball centered). If it stalls level...no rigging adjustment is needed and the plane in question is out of "trim".

If there is a wing drop....start from square #1 and follow the manufacturer's rigging instructions. Many instructions will start with verifying the ailerons are even with the flaps. Then often times the "left" flap is adjusted to level the wings.

Back