Can we do better than the "Red Board"?

Areeda said:
As the pilot of the first leg, I can offer some flexibility on the start date. He can stay in our guest room. My biggest problem is going to be clearing a day and scheduling a glider lesson in Phoenix. The farther in advance we can get the start date for this adventure the easier it will be.

For example, if he shows up today, it will be Sunday before I can go.

Henning, even if you can't give us a specific date, can you narrow it down? Can you estimate how much advance notice you will have?

Let me try to motivate you, for your first leg would you prefer T28 (1:02 flight time) to Havesu - Plan A :yes: or Greyhound bus (11:50 drive time) to Kingman - Plan Z (closest stop 46nm NE):no: ?

Joe

Love the 28 thank you. I'll give as much a heads up as I can. Right now it's lookin like The Man may be giving me my work permit. I'll know more by the end of the day.

Like Dave, call me a stand-by, subject to airplane availability (usually not much of an issue this time of year...), and work commitments (I am reasonably flexible). If the need arises, it won't take much to make me go. I can certainly, if needed, cover far enough west to meet Dave, or far enough east to meet Steve. How far you'll be wanting to go with me depends upon whether we get a Bonanza, or the Hershey-bar Cherokee!

Henning said:
Love the 28 thank you. I'll give as much a heads up as I can. Right now it's lookin like The Man may be giving me my work permit. I'll know more by the end of the day.

Good luck on that, Henning, I remember my sister (who was permanent resident, married to an Aussie) fighting to get the right to work on Oz... new meaning to the words, "inpenetrable bureaucracy." She's an Aussie citizen, now, lives in Adelaide.

So, if you get the permit, then your cross-continent escapade will have to wait in suspense, and if you don't, it won't.

SCCutler said:
Good luck on that, Henning, I remember my sister (who was permanent resident, married to an Aussie) fighting to get the right to work on Oz... new meaning to the words, "inpenetrable bureaucracy." She's an Aussie citizen, now, lives in Adelaide.

So, if you get the permit, then your cross-continent escapade will have to wait in suspense, and if you don't, it won't.

Well, I have just been granted a work permit, sigh, kinda was looking forward to coming home for a bit.

Henning said:
Well, I have just been granted a work permit, sigh, kinda was looking forward to coming home for a bit.

Well, congratulations. I guess you have to be more careful what you wish for, as it might come true.

Henning said:

Bad news, good news...

...still, it's fun to look at folks pop-up to help, and you know damned well they all meant it.

As a group, pilot's ain't bad folks.

Just be ready to get over here in June... Gaston's '06, be there!

SCCutler said:
Bad news, good news...

...still, it's fun to look at folks pop-up to help, and you know damned well they all meant it.

As a group, pilot's ain't bad folks.

Just be ready to get over here in June... Gaston's '06, be there!

No, it is a great bunch, and aviation seems to attract em. I think it's because pilots play their kharma close to the edge.:rolleyes: I know I've used up a fair bit of luck and try to put in the pot when I can. Especially to Mike, thanks bra for putting forth there.B)

Sorry I am too far north, I could get him across Oregon to Idaho. I know, not much help but it sure sounds like fun. Bob:yes:

Back