Can someone tell me the reasoning behind the "Call for price" listings?

Part of the reason for not listing a price, is that stating a price is tantamount to saying that is the maximum price you are willing to take. All negotiations go down from there. Finding and buying the right airplane for the right price takes work. If you are not willing to do the work to follow up on leads that might provide what you want, your chances of finding exactly what you want go down.

What's wrong with offering what it is worth to you? If the seller thinks it's way low then turn it down or counter.
You can offer "what it is worth to you". I am talking Low Ballers; people who want to offer ridiculous low prices for something. Now if "what it is worth to you" is far below market value, then it is a low baller price. :)

You can offer "what it is worth to you". I am talking Low Ballers; people who want to offer ridiculous low prices for something. Now if "what it is worth to you" is far below market value, then it is a low baller price. :)

I thought it was a low ball offer if it's below what the seller thinks it's worth.

I thought it was a low ball offer if it's below what the seller thinks it's worth.
Not at all.
Lets say fair market value of a plane maybe $50k-$65k and the seller is asking $75K, I would not even talk to him.
If the seller is asking around $65k and you think it might be worth $55k, that's a fair offer but justify why.

Not at all.
Lets say fair market value of a plane maybe $50k-$65k and the seller is asking $75K, I would not even talk to him.
If the seller is asking around $65k and you think it might be worth $55k, that's a fair offer but justify why.

Why? Not in planes, but I have bought where the house was listed above market. I said, here is a low ball offer, gave them a few days to reply with limited contingencies, or a month with more contingencies (I might have made an offer on another house in the meantime, so I only give a limited time without a no penalty cancel).

Tim

Why? Not in planes, but I have bought where the house was listed above market. I said, here is a low ball offer, gave them a few days to reply with limited contingencies, or a month with more contingencies (I might have made an offer on another house in the meantime, so I only give a limited time without a no penalty cancel).

Tim
I understand, but the thread was about why they have "Call for a Price" and why they do it? Not why can't you make an offer. I have made low offers myself and bought below market value on several things.

"Call For Price" is used when the seller is ashamed of his price.

I think when I sell the Comanche, I'm gonna sell it for 33% less than I could get for it and put Call for Price just to **** some of you off that you missed out on a deal.

I think when I sell the Comanche, I'm gonna sell it for 33% less than I could get for it and put Call for Price just to **** some of you off that you missed out on a deal.

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will call and talk to you for an hour then ask about an autopilot or low ball you.

Back