Can I file/fly IFR right away, or need to wait?

What proof do you have that you passed the IR checkride?
I have my temporary airmen certificate in hand now, showing instrument airplane. I also have my examiners signature and number in my log book next to where he wrote my checkride was successful. Not sure what other proof I would ever need?

Just for yuks - go on IACRA and check your status.

What I'm wondering is if that flight school or DPE is still failing to give applicants temporary certificates on the spot when they pass the instrument checkride.
It sounds like a 141 flight school with new examining authority. A little different situation than taking a practical test with a DPE.

I have my temporary airmen certificate in hand now, showing instrument airplane. I also have my examiners signature and number in my log book next to where he wrote my checkride was successful. Not sure what other proof I would ever need?

I am confused. Your initial post said you didn't get your temporary certificate after the checkride. That's why I asked what proof you have.

He updated his post yesterday afternoon that he had finally gotten his temp certificate.

Back