Caitlyn Jenner, Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh...

At least she (?) has good taste in airplanes ...

When you stop paying attention to "celebrities" who are only celebrities because people pay attention to them, they will no longer be celebrities....

Hey now, talk about inspiring someone to be whatever they want to be...It's hard to be uh much more of a living example. :D

Well, it piqued my wife's interest, which is more than I can say for 99% of the articles in AOPA Pilot. Of course I feel the same way about her People magazine.

When you stop paying attention to "celebrities" who are only celebrities because people pay attention to them, they will no longer be celebrities....
Uh, Caitlyn Jenner became a celebrity because of her world-class athletic achievements. I hadn't realized that she's also an accomplished pilot. Barry Schiff's article was excellent.

AOPA PILOT ran out of Pilots with inspiring profiles?

:popcorn:

What issue? I have the March edition but haven't really read it yet, somewhere here in this stack of crap. :D
I get the turbine issue so not sure if it's the same as the regular edition.

I agree with flysince9, there are so many other pilots out there that could have been written about, but Jenner? How much did AOPA pay for that, you know Jenner needs the money, just like the rest of that no talent bunch of K's

Where is my barf bag

What issue? I have the March edition but haven't really read it yet, somewhere here in this stack of crap. :D
I get the turbine issue so not sure if it's the same as the regular edition.
AOPA PILOT APRIL 2016 LAST PAGE before back cover

OK, haven't received it yet. Maybe it'll come today.

hahaha I thought the same when I saw the article

Well, it piqued my wife's interest, which is more than I can say for 99% of the articles in AOPA Pilot. Of course I feel the same way about her People magazine.
so....if you can get the wifie to fly with you....it was all worth it. :D

If I thought I was meant to be diesel bus and had some diesel components implanted, would the FAA still consider me fit to fly? Just curious...

Former Olympic athlete who's also a pilot...why is this *not* worth having an AOPA article on? Even if you are turned off by the last few years of his life, is Bruce Jenner's story not inspiring? If the article was about Michael Phelps being a pilot instead, would folks still complain? If not, why not?

Andy, some people would complain if they were getting hung with a new rope.

Former Olympic athlete who's also a pilot...why is this *not* worth having an AOPA article on? Even if you are turned off by the last few years of his life, is Bruce Jenner's story not inspiring? If the article was about Michael Phelps being a pilot instead, would folks still complain? If not, why not?

If it was so inspiring why wasn't the story run before all the media-whoring?

Depends....what components are we talking about?

Maybe a pair of these babies...
Pistons_0.jpg

Hubba, hubba!

This could take the high wing/low wing debate to a whole new level...or low...

I'm wondering how smart AOPA is. Will it increase memberships or reduce them? Will it increase advertising revenue or reduce it?

Uh, Caitlyn Jenner became a celebrity because of her world-class athletic achievements. I hadn't realized that she's also an accomplished pilot. Barry Schiff's article was excellent.

Uh, that was "Bruce" Jenner. And he peaked in the 70s. Yes he won two golds and he deserves that credit. What has he done since (besides change his gender)? Go look it up on Wikipedia or anywhere else. Other than the Kardashian's his business and personal life has been...meh.

There's about a dozen other people more heroic and deserving of praise both in aviation and life then Caitlyn Jenner. Good on getting a license, but c'mon...thinking that AOPA did this for ANY other reason then jumping on the LBGYT bandwagon is just naive.

It's a publicity stunt and guess what? It's about 6 months too late. Caitlyn peaked in October 2015, THAT would have been the time to run an article. Now it's just "hey look at us, we're still relevant"!!!

I don't mean to detract on Jenners' accomplishments, but skinny jeans and hormone therapy don't keep an old man's hairy nasty azz from being an old man's hairy nasty azz. I guess you could shave it but still...

(you see what I did there with the apostrophe placement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back