C206 Crashes after Gender Reveal stunt

NordicDave

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
NordicDave
Last edited:
today is 1 April...

A Cessna 206 crashed into the Caribbean after creating a pink cloud for a gender reveal stunt.

Maybe I’m too old maybe or the wrong political persuasion, but I simply do not understand this drive for ever increasingly lavish gender reveal parties.

Story:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/04/01/cancun-plane-genderreveal-crash-deaths/

Video:

It’s the natural progression of the social media “look at me” garbage. Farcebook, twirper and the like rose to their size on the backs of narcissistic people with a constant need for attention.

Moose stall. Or in this case, la nina stall?

I'm torn about whether I'd feel better if pilots found more creative ways to crash airplanes. I think I wish they'd just stop doing it.

If it's an April's fool joke, it isn't a good one as there's no humor in it.

Avoiding a Moose stall video:

Yikes. I don't agree with his attitude. I doubt that using aileron to recover from a spin is ever the best idea.
At 5:50? It looked like he just leveled the yoke when he was saying that. Maybe he's not saying what he's doing?

I don't know, it was the first Moose stall video I found. :)

Well, the first one was two people from the FAA sitting in chairs reading a queue card with bad jokes on it for 2 minutes.

At 5:50? It looked like he just leveled the yoke when he was saying that. Maybe he's not saying what he's doing?

I don't know, it was the first Moose stall video I found. :)

Well, the first one was two people from the FAA sitting in chairs reading a queue card with bad jokes on it for 2 minutes.
7:55. "Do what it takes. If it just takes a little bit of aileron..... that's fine."

Bottom line, trying stuff out to get out of a spin is stupid. Train for the proper way so that you do it instinctively, not some "do what it takes not to crash the plane".

Back