c172 vs Sr-20

If an aviation school is where you want to go why leave Chicago? Lewis University has an aviation program. You could also go to Rock Valley College (Rockford) for their A&P program while doing your flight training locally. Where in the Chicago area are you?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

yeah, im trying to avoid an ex gf and her current bf who is in the aviation program and the other two schools have nicer facilities. not to sound like a snob or put anyone down.

yeah, im trying to avoid an ex gf and her current bf who is in the aviation program and the other two schools have nicer facilities. not to sound like a snob or put anyone down.
Dude that is no reason to go to North Dakota. Oil money barely gets people to ND. You need to separate college and flight training. They are two different things best undertaken individually.

Dude that is no reason to go to North Dakota. Oil money barely gets people to ND. You need to separate college and flight training. They are two different things best undertaken individually.

how do i go about doing that? i figure if i go to school for it that's mostly what my days will revolve around if i go to school and fly separate then i have to work out the schedule which seems like a huge pain in the ass.

Aspiring pilot PLEASE.

how do i go about doing that? i figure if i go to school for it that's mostly what my days will revolve around if i go to school and fly separate then i have to work out the schedule which seems like a huge pain in the ass.

Most university flight programs are slow. All of your ratings are an easy six months of flying(young people w/out commitments and having money} the university programs that I was familiar with took four years to get all the ratings. You could fly full time over a summer get ppl and ia next summer add commercial and CFI and be way ahead of the university program. I knew a guy who was enrolled in the full program at Daniel Webster got fed up with it took one semester off from college went to flight safety got all his ratings then went back to school academically one semester behind his peers but 3.5 years ahead of them flying wise. The only reason(and it is a bad one) to do a university flight program is to pay for flying with student loans.
Dude take a gap year get all of your ratings and do some cfiing or other flying adventure write an awesome essay about how much you have grown and achieved then apply to non aviation schools that are currently above what you could get accepted at. The ole gap year to get into a better school trick mixed with scoring all of your ratings. Part time CFI/charter/whatever while attending a better college then you can currently get into. Super win. You will be so far ahead of the pilot program kids it will be funny.

Most university flight programs are slow. All of your ratings are an easy six months of flying(young people w/out commitments and having money} the university programs that I was familiar with took four years to get all the ratings. You could fly full time over a summer get ppl and ia next summer add commercial and CFI and be way ahead of the university program. I knew a guy who was enrolled in the full program at Daniel Webster got fed up with it took one semester off from college went to flight safety got all his ratings then went back to school academically one semester behind his peers but 3.5 years ahead of them flying wise. The only reason(and it is a bad one) to do a university flight program is to pay for flying with student loans.
Dude take a gap year get all of your ratings and do some cfiing or other flying adventure write an awesome essay about how much you have grown and achieved then apply to non aviation schools that are currently above what you could get accepted at. The ole gap year to get into a better school trick mixed with scoring all of your ratings. Part time CFI/charter/whatever while attending a better college then you can currently get into. Super win. You will be so far ahead of the pilot program kids it will be funny.

Thank you that was extremely helpful. I'll talk to my parents about doing that

Back