C-182 Jump Plane Crash in GA, 4 Dead

There have been a few as such and I always wondered if restraining the divers would help (typically they are loose in the cabin). Some type of quick release tether to hardpoints inside the cabin?

There have been a few as such and I always wondered if restraining the divers would help (typically they are loose in the cabin). Some type of quick release tether to hardpoints inside the cabin?

There's a seat belt for each jumper, as required by the FAA, but often they don't wear them.

I hate to hear this. I made several jumps at a few drop zones near there back in the mid eighties. I jumped at Claxton, Sylvania, and Reidsville. Basically the same group of folks who kept moving around. And then I worked as a mechanic for a FBO in Statesboro in 1986 for a short while. I’m sure that all these years later that no one I knew was involved but still it sucks to hear about it.

RIP.

The one jump I made the airplane ride was way scarier than the jump. Hard to believe that thing was airworthy.

Ha! Though I never jumped there as I’d long given up skydiving before living in Chicagoland, I flew out to Rochelle a few times for lunch and I’d watch them jump. I even hopped a ride in the right seat of their Caravan when they took up a load one day. I also got a closeup look at their Twin Otter. Both aircraft appeared to be in pretty good shape so I really can’t criticize them at all. Two of the better jump aircraft that I’ve seen.

Back