Buzz kill for Airplane Repo

Dallas

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dallas
Discovery Channel’s Second Season of Airplane Repo

I hate to be a spoiler, but here goes:

I have a long time buddy based in Gainesville Muni. Two weeks ago, the episode showing the flying of a yellow bi wing PT-17 Stearman was filmed at Gainesville Muni. The plane belongs to “uncle” Bob Ayers and is flown by his son, flight instructor, Brandon Ayers.

Essentially, they recruited Brandon Ayers to be an actor in that episode and the part about a flight school not making payments is total bull. The bottom line is that Airplane Repo doesn’t even do reenactments; they just shoot fictional stories and pretend to be a reality show.

Was it a shock to you when it was revealed that Gilligan's Island wasn't actually a reality TV series?

But... but...I saw a guy with night vision goggles crawling on his belly under the airport fence last night.... you mean, that wasn't the Repo Guy?

Discovery Channel’s Second Season of Airplane Repo

I hate to be a spoiler, but here goes:

I have a long time buddy based in Gainesville Muni. Two weeks ago, the episode showing the flying of a yellow bi wing PT-17 Stearman was filmed at Gainesville Muni. The plane belongs to “uncle” Bob Ayers and is flown by his son, flight instructor, Brandon Ayers.

Essentially, they recruited Brandon Ayers to be an actor in that episode and the part about a flight school not making payments is total bull. The bottom line is that Airplane Repo doesn’t even do reenactments; they just shoot fictional stories and pretend to be a reality show.

Lol, yeah, the first season of repo shows they actually used repo agencies. They came with us on a 72' Hatteras repo. It was a full on voluntary that as I and my crew were getting the boat ready to move, 3 guys that normally never leave the office did the dramatic snatch and grab scene and I rolled off on cue. It was comedy. These shows are a fun little drama show produced for a WWE audience using amateur actors. That's all, it's just really cheap to produce programming is all.

It should have been obvious to anyone it was fake.

I mean, a real repo team would come in wearing full combat gear.. use tazers and tranq guns on anyone in the area. Then they blast the hangar doors open with C4 and take the plane out. Then they plant a tactical nuke on the field and detonate it just after takeoff.

All under the cover of darkness of course....

As if any repo guy would just sneak his way in.. pfft.

Professor. He can make a radio out of a coconut, but he can't figure out how to patch a hole in a boat.

Last edited:
One of the boats used for the intro shots of the Minnow came up for sale a few years back. I almost bought it.

It took just one episode for me to realize it was fake, it took about 3 episodes to get disgusted and stop watching. Some shows can be decent enough, even though scripted but this one is just an atrocity. :( I wanted to watch for the learning experience (what can go wrong and how to fix it) but gave up, I don't have the stomach for that scripted drama garbage.
I hope I'm not stepping on anybody's high opinions on this show. :)

I watch it mostly for the airplane and panel pron, not for the silly reality portion.

Loved the recent clip of the internal dome light going out at night, and the shocked look of the pilot saying "we just lost all electrical power". And there's me shaking my head when the airspeed can easily be read over his shoulder showing zero KIAS and the altimeter is sea level.

Oh well... at least threads like this help boost the SEO rankings via social media.

I met the star of Air Plane Repo at the Reno Air Races. Seemed like a nice enough guy. I didn't want to be the "buz kill" to ask him about the "fakiness", but it clear from watching the show for 5 mins. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I tuned into that show for about 15 minutes a few months ago. I couldn't figure out why they were sneaking around like they were worried about the law. If you're doing a legal repo isn't the law on your side?

I tuned into that show for about 15 minutes a few months ago. I couldn't figure out why they were sneaking around like they were worried about the law. If you're doing a legal repo isn't the law on your side?

Yes, and you could have the sherrif there to help in NE.

Look at the "cops" that show up on the show. The uniforms are generic and they are actors. Many clues that is is fake.

Last edited:

Look at the "cops" that show up on the show. The uniforms are generic and they are actors. Many clues that is is fake.
You mean the fuel truck doesn't double as cop car? That'd be a police pursuit i'd watch.

...thanks a lot, now I have the fargin Gilligans Island theme song stuck in my head....

Hope you guys never watch Star Wars...

(spoiler: some scenes are fake)

Maybe we should start a betting pool on yes/no Airplane Repo makes it to another season.

No. we should start a drinking game

Anytime the narrator says "Could prove to be fatal": take a drink

Any time they are at the "go no go point" and decide to "press on despite the faulty [whatever]": take a drink

Anytime he says "They only get one shot at this": take a drink

Anytime the cops say "Everyone on the ground" and the cameras stay at the same level while everyone else drops: take a drink

When two guys on the same mission get in a shouting match: take a drink

When they say the obviously $50k plane is a $250k plane: take a drink

Any time they are at the "go no go point" and decide to "press on despite the faulty [whatever]": take a drink

Anytime the cops say "Everyone on the ground" and the cameras stay at the same level while everyone else drops: take a drink

The added benefit of that is the next morning you won't remember a THING of the episode. :no:

The downside is the raging headache. :yes: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't have enough money in the bank to fund the drinks in that game.

It took just one episode for me to realize it was fake, it took about 3 episodes to get disgusted and stop watching. Some shows can be decent enough, even though scripted but this one is just an atrocity. :( I wanted to watch for the learning experience (what can go wrong and how to fix it) but gave up, I don't have the stomach for that scripted drama garbage.
I hope I'm not stepping on anybody's high opinions on this show. :)

Are you talking about Gilligan's Island still?

The tiny ship got tossed...

I'd die of alcohol poisoning in the first 10 minutes.

I don't care. It has airplanes and I like to watch airplanes!

Every time dumb and dumber say "yahtzee" take a drink.

I actually enjoy the show, FWIW. Then again I'll watch anything with airplanes in it.

Last edited:

Any time a guy urges the cameramen to hurry up/get ready: take a drink

Was it a shock to you when it was revealed that Gilligan's Island wasn't actually a reality TV series?
More believable than what we see on tv these days. And better acted, better scripts, more suspense.

ROTFLMAO!!, ,

Pretty much anywhere the Sheriff will come along if requested.

Back