Buying a project plane

Hanging an engine takes 4 hours if you have all the parts, so yeah, more than a bit I'd say...;)

No doubt an engine is cheaper than a rebuild. Additionally, there is a plane of the type I want listed on barnstormers claiming missing logbooks. I'll have to get some additional details.

Why kid yourself that the market is going to turn around? What economic fundamentals do you foresee that will cause this to happen?

When you gotta fly some thing, why not fly the aircraft you have?

Why kid yourself that the market is going to turn around? What economic fundamentals do you foresee that will cause this to happen?

I would hate to think that it is a possibility.

but discussing that subject will send this thread to the SZ really quick.

Historical cycles?

I suspect Wayne's comments were regarding market conditions on aircraft.

Historical cycles really don't carry much weight when the underpinnings of the industry are undergoing a dramatic change. Greatly declining pilot numbers, expensive fuel, increased regulation, and the ADS-B mandate constitute a huge headwind to appreciation of aircraft values.

Really? Enlighten those of us who have struggled with finding these definitions for all of our professional careers.

Jim

I'm not an A&P, you are.

I don't buy and sell AC and parts, either. But I have lost my backside on really cool cars with potential that no one in their right minds would have left in the pasture.

What I do know about letting passion crack my wallet on cars is that it's a losing deal. And anyone with a functioning medulla wouldn't recommend a non-AP buy some basketcase AC.

Tomorrow we can argue about EE stuff like simulating ground planes and so on.

I suspect Wayne's comments were regarding market conditions on aircraft.

Historical cycles really don't carry much weight when the underpinnings of the industry are undergoing a dramatic change. Greatly declining pilot numbers, expensive fuel, increased regulation, and the ADS-B mandate constitute a huge headwind to appreciation of aircraft values.

The desire to fly is as old as mankind itself, it will never go away. As long as the desire exists, the market will exist. As the general economy gets better and people have disposable income, there will always be those who spend what it takes to fly. Beechcraft sold new G58 Barons in 2011 and this year as well at a price point well over a million dollars, so obviously there is still money being spent by people who want a quality machine. The market has thinned for sure, but all the deals were gone years ago and all we're seeing for 'deals' these days are those ramp and hangar queens that people have just now decided to sell at their real value rather than insisting on getting what a good one was worth and have finally decided to dump, or they dies and the family is dumping it, but it's still junk.

Last edited:
The desire to fly is as old as mankind itself, it will never go away. As long as the desire exists, the market will exist. As the general economy gets better and people have disposable income, there will always be those who spend what it takes to fly.

When and why do you think this will happen?

When and why do you think this will happen?

After the Fannie/Freddy auction of foreclosed properties when all the TARP money comes out of gold it'll be 2-3 years, that is if we don't get extinguished Dec 21.... The main problem with our economy is that all the money is being sat on in an over valued commodity.

The problem with our economy is that we can't make anything that anybody else will buy.

After the Fannie/Freddy auction of foreclosed properties when all the TARP money comes out of gold it'll be 2-3 years, that is if we don't get extinguished Dec 21.... The main problem with our economy is that all the money is being sat on in an over valued commodity.

The problem with our economy is that we can't make anything that anybody else will buy.

We can make offshore nuclear reactors, hydrogen and fuel cells to create a clean an highly efficient energy system that also produces fresh water.

We can make offshore nuclear reactors, hydrogen and fuel cells to create a clean an highly efficient energy system that also produces fresh water.

10% of the government owned land in Az. and N.M. will support all of the US's oil needs with Algae farming, and put well over 50 million people to work supporting the ripple effect of the industry.

all we need is a homestead act and federal garranteed business loans from the banking industry.

watch the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsq-uQSN-SE&feature=relmfu

Last edited:
10% of the government owned land in Az. and N.M. will support all of the US's oil needs with Algae farming, and put well over 50 million people to work supporting the ripple effect of the industry.

all we need is a homestead act and federal garranteed business loans from the banking industry.

watch the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsq-uQSN-SE&feature=relmfu

That's only oil, and I have no problem with algae oil, however there is much more energy required than we produce from oil, and none of those systems take contaminated or salt water and convert it to drinking water as a byproduct of the process. The thing is, the waste heat from the H2 process can be used as a savings in the algae oil production process.

Neither will happen though because big oil has everyone duped into believing we need them because everything else will bankrupt or kill them, and people are too stupid to spot the lie.

Last edited:
That's only oil, and I have no problem with algae oil, however there is much more energy required than we produce from oil, and none of those systems take contaminated or salt water and convert it to drinking water as a byproduct of the process. The thing is, the waste heat from the H2 process can be used as a savings in the algae oil production process.

Neither will happen though because big oil has everyone duped into believing we need them because everything else will bankrupt or kill them, and people are too stupid to spot the lie.

You guys just don't get it. :rolleyes: I have heard and read several statements this week by honorable politicians who state that we can be energy independent by 2020 if we merely allow the oil companies more drilling rights. We don't need any of that "modern thinking" for solving non-existent energy problems. At least that it what they are preaching to the 80% and even some of the 20% will buy in. :mad2:

Yep, and everybody really wants to stick their head in the sand about water, but that's ok, we'll have enough more oil and natural gas to burn to make the extra energy that desalinization plants need to run, the costs will be trivial since our economies are so robust and the population is shrinking at such a prodigious rate. :sigh:

Excellent idea.

I've been trying to sell it for a year, I've even got a commitment for NYC cab medallions to put on H2 cars provided by any of the manufactures who are all desperately seeking H2 programs to put cars in (Leno even has a fuel cell car) as fuel cell cars solve all their emissions hassles. I can set up the plant to produce H2 at low cost in Manhattan using the Con Ed steam system. I can set it up for $1-$1.5MM using off the shelf equipment currently available and have a fleet of cabs selling rides and water gaining a product that will net 9 liters of water with a bottled value of $34 for the same work that would use a gallon of gas in a current cab. Yet I can't get anyone interested.:dunno:

Wonder why? :rofl::rofl:
I've been trying to sell it for a year, I've even got a commitment for NYC cab medallions to put on H2 cars provided by any of the manufactures who are all desperately seeking H2 programs to put cars in (Leno even has a fuel cell car) as fuel cell cars solve all their emissions hassles. I can set up the plant to produce H2 at low cost in Manhattan using the Con Ed steam system. I can set it up for $1-$1.5MM using off the shelf equipment currently available and have a fleet of cabs selling rides and water gaining a product that will net 9 liters of water with a bottled value of $34 for the same work that would use a gallon of gas in a current cab. Yet I can't get anyone interested.:dunno:

Yeah, we made all that money by ignoring sure-fire deals like this one and other hare-brained off-the-wall delusions. Sorry, gotta run; my cold fusion guy is on the phone.

People like you who have no ability to think outside the box much less climb out of it and build something control the money.

Yeah, we made all that money by ignoring sure-fire deals like this one and other hare-brained off-the-wall delusions. Sorry, gotta run; my cold fusion guy is on the phone.

Exactly my point. You got it by milking the same old technology that others before you had developed from their wild hare brained ideas, like the Wrights or Tesla for instance who were all a bunch of delusional idiots in their time, and running the Ponzi scheme market on it, because that is always a known pay off. Get over it, your ilk is why the world sucks, you stymie innovation because it there is a risk to your precious money when you have at least another 10 years before the current schemes leaves everybody running for for what they didn't believe they could need, in this case it'll be water. It's really sad that our world is controlled by people with your mentality, especially when it's left us with such great tributes lately as a collapsed economy and TARP payments. You can laugh at me, but it's a fools laugh.

Which of the deals that we put together causes you the most heart-burn?

Exactly my point. You got it by milking the same old technology that others before you had developed from their wild hare brained ideas, like the Wrights or Tesla for instance who were all a bunch of delusional idiots in their time, and running the Ponzi scheme market on it, because that is always a known pay off. Get over it, your ilk is why the world sucks, you stymie innovation because it there is a risk to your precious money when you have at least another 10 years before the current schemes leaves everybody running for for what they didn't believe they could need, in this case it'll be water. It's really sad that our world is controlled by people with your mentality, especially when it's left us with such great tributes lately as a collapsed economy and TARP payments. You can laugh at me, but it's a fools laugh.

Back