Buying a plane with crypto...

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
First I have ever seen this.

Maybe time to unload all that Shiba Inu the tik tokers convinced me to buy.

Screenshot_20210611-003044_Chrome.jpg

Funny, but I was actually thinking of looking at this airplane this weekend, until I saw the "crypot currency preferred" statement...IDK why, but it makes me nervous/suspicious of this sale. Instead, I'm looking at one in Canada with a US registration (which probably should also make me nervous/suspicious, but doesn't).

Crypto is the preferred currency of criminals everywhere…

10 SMOH. takes a friggin crypto-grapher to figure out all this stuff.

takes a lot to OH an engine.......personally I'd rather sell it for less than go thru all the hassle. I think once I OH'd, I'd want to fly it and not sell it.

That tells me that maybe there is a reduced price basis and he doesn't wish to have easily discoverable profits upon sale. I wonder if he took one of the bonus depreciation schemes and wants to avoid clawback. I doubt the IRS is sophisticated enough to go looking under those rocks just yet to make the connection.

Still criminal, just a more mainstream type. :) I'd think the same thing could be accomplished with green cash money, as is traditional.

Wouldn't affect the buyer. I'd prefer not to transact in volatile media of exchange.. my 40 or 60 grand in crypto may be worth a third less by the time I give it to the sender, starting all manner of nonsense arguments. But if the sale price was agreed in the crypto amount.. then in theory that risk is shared?

I find this stuff interesting, but I've been playing a lot with Ethereum contracts, which are designed for this sort of thing, but still way in infancy.

No reason to have to hold any crypto for an extended period of time, but even if there was the transaction could be made in a stable coin like tether. I recently had someone in Switzerland trying to purchase a view camera from me using a bank wire. He could never get it to go through. The transaction could have been done via crypto in about 15 minutes.

Just another type of currency. I probably would prefer something that left a paper trail for a big purchase like this just so I’d have proof of payment if anything came up. But if the price was right why not?

As far as I know crypto is perfectly legal as long as you’re reporting any profit to the IRS.

What makes a digital token any less valid or more criminal than a green piece of paper with a number on it?

Back