Buying a plane to complete training. Is it worth it?

I bought mine to complete IFR training. Too many equipment failures in the rental fleet. Though I am glad to have experienced a real vacuum failure during training (that was the last straw to get me to buy a plane).

A c172 @2400 hr rebuilg ad 26,000.....the answer to ur questions no..less u go to 18 mo mechanic school, then the parts are 6500 so maybe... in short less u make 150k a year..no u cant own a plane:wink2:

A c172 @2400 hr rebuilg ad 26,000.....the answer to ur questions no..less u go to 18 mo mechanic school, then the parts are 6500 so maybe... in short less u make 150k a year..no u cant own a plane:wink2:

Nah, Anything over $90 and you can own a GA plane without having to sacrifice any essentials, basically it'll be one moderately expensive hobby with possibilities of business efficiency and tax deductions. It would be one of a few in a $90k household in most parts of the US. Most parts of the country $30k still provides for a mortgage and necessary costs for what we would consider a lower middle class life. To have fun with a GA plane and fly it 200hrs a year takes about $40k all in when you figure what you spend at destinations staying and eating and such. Figure a single guy can afford a lot of GA and live reasonably in most of the country for around $70k.

Back