Buying a new/used truck

One question that someone might know the answer. When it got down to the end, the Chevy dealer agreed to throw in running boards, change the brake controller over from the Dodge to the Chevy, and knock a couple of hundred dollars from the bottom line. They had already offered me $4000 more than Edmunds and Kelly Blue Book valued my Dodge Dakota for trade, which really surprised me the first day. So when I went to pay up, the invoice showed that they were charging me for those extras up front, but they added that amount, including the couple hundred dollars that they went down in the end, to my trade in. Why did they do that?

I'm guessing it's an accounting thing.

Either that or they aren't allowed to sell the truck for under a certain dollar amount. My wife works at a bicycle shop and they have 'bottom line' prices that they aren't allowed to sell the bicycles less than (even though it is more than their cost). It's supposed to keep all of the dealers on a somewhat even playing field and maintain the brand's pricepoint in the market, but some shops in the area go below that line and probably fool the books by doing something similar to what you mention.

My two week-old(used 2007) F-150 with a sense of not wasting the white space.

HR

Attachments

• Ford F-150_1.jpg
    Ford F-150_1.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Ford F-150_2.jpg
    Ford F-150_2.jpg
    647.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Ford F-150_3.jpg
    Ford F-150_3.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Ford F-150_4.jpg