Buy a truck in Florida, get an AK-47

I hear about this kind of promotion once or twice a year. Usually it's in Florida, rarely in Texas. Sometimes national news run with it, sometimes just blogs and such.

In my personal opinion, it's a marketing gimmik. Throwing a $400 coupon with a $30..40k truck is not much of an incentive. It is also couter-balanced with the hassle of redeeming the coupon, which only makes sense if the buyer is on the market for a gun. So, the dealership is getting the free publicity, but the buyers aren't getting much. There is very little to no upside to the deal.

I hear about this kind of promotion once or twice a year. Usually it's in Florida, rarely in Texas. Sometimes national news run with it, sometimes just blogs and such.

In my personal opinion, it's a marketing gimmik. Throwing a $400 coupon with a $30..40k truck is not much of an incentive. It is also couter-balanced with the hassle of redeeming the coupon, which only makes sense if the buyer is on the market for a gun. So, the dealership is getting the free publicity, but the buyers aren't getting much. There is very little to no upside to the deal.

So what else is new about car dealers??

I'd rather have an AK than undercoating.

It used to be 'free shotgun with each truck'.

It used to be 'free shotgun with each truck'.

We have a jewelry store around here that, during the holiday season, gives away Benelli shotguns with a purchase over X dollar amount. I just ask Jay for a better discount :p

Sounds like a T shirt a guy a friend works with wears to work now and then. "Alcohol, tobacco and firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency." I love it.

Sounds like a T shirt a guy a friend works with wears to work now and then. "Alcohol, tobacco and firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency." I love it.

Love it! That should be a Facebook post.

Max Motors is Butler, MO did that same promo last year. They got enough free press of the gun haters that they only spent half their advertising budget that month. And truck sales went up 80%!

It is in Wisconsin. Also add adult videos and you have a one stop cheesehead hunter paradise super center.

Max Motors is Butler, MO did that same promo last year. They got enough free press of the gun haters that they only spent half their advertising budget that month. And truck sales went up 80%!

You are not implying that it is a cheap gimmick to garner attention ?

The dealer is mis-representing the rifle. It is NOT an AK-47. AK-47's are select fire, and can be fired fully automatic and require major BATF licensing/background check, a tax payment, and are extremely costly to purchase $20K +.

The rifle in question is a legal, semi-automatic firearm that somewhat cosmetically resembles an AK-47. They are no more dangerous than a semi-auto hunting rifle. Much ado about nothing yet again from the media.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck.:D

Quick, shoot it!
Machine%20Gun%20Smiley.gif

:D

That's nothing, last week a bought a toaster and they gave me a bank.

(it's old I know but seemed appropriate).

Back