Busy weather night west of DFW

It looks prettier in pilot lol. But man, that's rough. They're predicting a foot of rain down here on Thursday.

834162cb984e73403a223740f579d389.jpg

Per one of the local Wunderground stations, 2" of rain and counting. And we never really dried out from last spring. If we have a repeat of that, it is gonna be a real mess.

But for tonight, just winds up to 35-40 knots and lots of precip.

Hope the racetrack dries out by the 25th. I am coming to North Star Dragway.

Gotta come out to the track with my old racing buddies. They are Killing it on radial tires. They are in the 3.80's now at 200ish in the 1/8th.

Yippee. American Eagle may as well cancel my midweek flights now.

Just find a hole and sneak through.......

Just back from Denton to get a bite to eat...FM 407 between FM 156 and I-35W was underwater at Denton Creek....lots of rain between the time I went to bed and 2 am when I got up.

And it's heading my way. They're not forecasting anything severe but they are calling for 5" of rain between now and Sunday.

I just happened to look at radar after seeing Tim's post...crud, looks like I need to move the 2m/440 rig to the truck as it look to be a bad morning for the DFW area. Got 146.92 on the computer feed now, waiting to see if Skywarn gets called up this morning.

Weather for that area is "iffy" all week, which is preventing me from picking up my LSA that's being annualed at DTO. :mad:

And it continues this morning... (Wunderground radar link: http://wxug.us/1tp7s)

As of this post, it's raining hard, and ambient light level is equivalent to 20 minutes after sun goes below the horizon.

... picking up my LSA that's being annualed at DTO. :mad:
DTO is my home base (and JCranford's and TexAg93's). Who is doing the work for you?

I can't remember that far back! We flooded over new year's this year though.

DTO is my home base (and JCranford's and TexAg93's). Who is doing the work for you?

CFDI. They have a Rotax-certified A&P, so that's why I have'em do the annual.

Expand CDFI... not familiar with the acronym.

Some appropriate Stevie Ray Vaughan...

Last edited:
Expand CDFI... not familiar with the acronym.

They go by CFDI Aero, so I don't know. They used to be associated with US Aviation. Their hangar is about 1 or 2 hangars from the end of taxiway Hotel, on the S side.

Yeah, I saw Dallas getting pummeled. We got it this morning here but nothing severe, just a few inches of rain.
Glad I rushed last night to get the new plane in a hangar before the hail comes!!

They go by CFDI Aero, so I don't know. They used to be associated with US Aviation. Their hangar is about 1 or 2 hangars from the end of taxiway Hotel, on the S side.
Now I know who you're speaking of. Our hangar is not that far from that place (Business Air #9)

Why the fake YouTube link that quietly redirects to iTunes?? That is just low.
Ooops... not intended....

Originally posted the iTunes link, but that didn't work as intended, and tried to replace with YouTube... I guess XF did something I didn't expect... I'll fix it.

LOL I too noticed that the new forum SW does a lot of extra things that I do not care for. Gotta be on the lookout.
I was wondering whether you were secretly trying to make us buy some of your music on iTunes or what. Forgot to add a smiley.
Hope you survive all the storms and flooding with no damage to your property or airplanes.

Fortunately, the yard isn't in any flood plain.

But our biggest headache is we don't have hard surface where we keep the cars. And intense rain like we experience creates muddy areas and a few shallow sinkholes that cause difficulties moving cars with the rough terrain forklift. No good when you sink the forklift to the axles.

Don't know if it's the same night, but still funny... someone else posted elsewhere, just stealing it for this thread...
Dallas_WX_Fun.jpg

Back