Burlington, IA to Steamboat Springs food stop?

Jthamilton

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Okie182
Hopefully prebuy goes well next week and I will be flyin the new to me Saratoga home from IA a week or two later.

I'm looking for any out of this world eating places along the direct route. I'm definitely not afraid to venture a little out of my way for some fine vittles.

Norfolk, NE might not be far enough down range but it is a good airport restaurant and the FBO will bring the truck over and fill you up in front of the restaurant.

Enjoy the headwinds over NE...at least you'll be a little better off in the 'toga than I have been in the 'kota.

As for fine vittles, I am unaware of any between Iowa and Steamboat. I've flown Denver to northern Iowa/southern Minnesota and found nothing remarkable. Haven't looked particularly hard though. Usually just take sandwiches or breakfast burritos along. I do understand that certain folks have identified and partaken of vending machine frosted cinnamon rolls as a survival tactic. Maybe head south to we-be-smokin?

Norfolk, NE might not be far enough down range but it is a good airport restaurant and the FBO will bring the truck over and fill you up in front of the restaurant.

Fill you with a truck? That's a lot of food. LOL! ;)

Enjoy the headwinds over NE...at least you'll be a little better off in the 'toga than I have been in the 'kota.

As for fine vittles, I am unaware of any between Iowa and Steamboat. I've flown Denver to northern Iowa/southern Minnesota and found nothing remarkable. Haven't looked particularly hard though. Usually just take sandwiches or breakfast burritos along. I do understand that certain folks have identified and partaken of vending machine frosted cinnamon rolls as a survival tactic. Maybe head south to we-be-smokin?

Been going to see Terry and his family at We be smokin for years, even drove there for the 8 years I stopped flying. Great food, great people. Although I have 300 hours In the Cherokee six I have very little retract time. Depends on what insurance is gonna require we might head down south that way!

Hutchison, KS or Norfolk, NE would be my reccomendations. North Platte, NE (KLBF) also has an airport restaraunt I have heard is good.

Back