Burlesque dancer kicked off flight for 'inappropriate' outfit

OBTW...I missed one definition.

Self Righteousness: The fear that some woman, somewhere, is actually enjoying sex.
You've also missed engaging with any actual person. I understand that it's easier to make up opposing arguments and viewpoints in order to discredit them but you lose credibility when you avoid responding to the actual discussion at hand. Can you substantiate your label of self-righteous or not?

1. Where did #3 occur in the thread, maybe I missed it?
Did I say that every one of those definitions occurred in this thread? You asked what the definition of self righteous was. So I provided the definiton as found by googling "self righteous definition"...that's all...
You've also missed engaging with any actual person. I understand that it's easier to make up opposing arguments and viewpoints in order to discredit them but you lose credibility when you avoid responding to the actual discussion at hand. Can you substantiate your label of self-righteous or not?
I really didn't think I owe you further explanation, hence my ignoring your follw up interrogation. I answered your original question and even that is more than I owed. Sounds to me like you have an uncomfortably guilty conscience. It's not wise to draw attention to yourself when that's the case.

You and Lindberg are going on ignore now...ta, ta!

JetBlue has given her $22 towards the pajama shorts she bought in the airport and a coupon for her airfare. The more noise she makes about this, the more I start to think that she is milking this for publicity.

This is from the JetBlue contract of carriage:

CoC.jpg

I don't think there are objective criteria that establish what is 'lewd, obscene or patently offensive'. Someone made a judgement call.

Last edited:
Give me a break,now the aircrews are the cloths police.
To me, the article gave, at the very edge of credulity, half the story. There's more to this, and her admitting that she did something wrong goes against the narrative that "I can do what I like, and if you don't like it, suck it up, prude."

However, your response (and it was mine too, initially) means that the article had its desired effect.

Reason #4,257 to get a PPL: if anyone of attraction wants to fly with me scantily clad, I'm ok with it. Heck, you can show up fully clad, and work your way there, if you like.

Did I say that every one of those definitions occurred in this thread?

You said "the self-righteous here", which to the rational person, means in this thread. Unless, this lady is being discussed elsewhere on the forum which I have not seen. You chose to highlight number three so I asked you to point out where that occurred, which you obviously cannot do.

Sounds to me like you have an uncomfortably guilty conscience. It's not wise to draw attention to yourself when that's the case.
My conscience is fine, for a number of reasons which I won't discuss here. You however, seem to be haunted by phantom righteous people lurking in these threads. [/QUOTE]

I really didn't think I owe you further explanation
You don't know me an explanation(unless your comment was directed at me), but you owe it to yourself to stand behind your comments. Otherwise, you come off as blowhard.

if anyone of attraction wants to fly with me scantily clad, I'm ok with it. Heck, you can show up fully clad, and work your way there, if you like.

Careful there, eman might show up! Scantly clad too! Tighty whietys too. :eek:

That's a lot of women there - Maggie looks more like a Roller Derby Queen to me !

I've been to a burlesque show. My realtor is a burlesque dancer and invited me and my friends to go when she showed me my place. Really sweet girl. Actually a pretty cool show and all of them did it on their free time(definitely not for money). What that girl is wearing is definitely not her stage outfit, I guarantee she shows more on stage. After going to that and also having gone to quite a few strip clubs, I wouldn't even put a stripper and burlesque dancer in the same category.

I see this girl and think about the old man that flies (used to fly?) USAir dressed in women's lingerie. I saw him once in Atlanta and it was pretty freaky.

Miss McMuffin should hang around POA more often. Had she done so she would have been presented with a couple of obvious solutions to her dilemma:
Alternate 2 - fly an airline where the flight attendants are wearing even less:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/vietjet-air-is-hiring-pilots.94724/

Those weren't flight attendants, unfortunately.
Then there's always this guy over (don't know if American gives him status like USAir did)..
110622-traveling-man-vmed.nv_nws.jpg

I've been to a burlesque show. My realtor is a burlesque dancer and invited me and my friends to go when she showed me my place. Really sweet girl. Actually a pretty cool show and all of them did it on their free time(definitely not for money). What that girl is wearing is definitely not her stage outfit, I guarantee she shows more on stage. After going to that and also having gone to quite a few strip clubs, I wouldn't even put a stripper and burlesque dancer in the same category.
This seems to be her in the same outfit prior to donning the airport sweater and maximizing coverage for maximum social media coverage.

b60f5cca1d15ce71783c1cb80e70c9e3

Seriously. Many of us would line up to have that seat.

whoooah...really? You'd rather sit next to that than the chick with back ti**ies?

Really?

I don't understand.

d262527f7ff105130c799a329fc9d1e1.jpg

Again...the problem is that prudes seem to rule this country. No woman should be allowed to be sexual or enjoy sex by gawd.

whoooah...really
Again...the problem is that prudes seem to rule this country. No woman should be allowed to be sexual or enjoy sex by gawd.

Get off it Tim, your moralizing is getting old and your straw men are weak.

Last edited:
Ah... that old gag again... If a woman is thrown off a plane for dressing inappropriately, it's because we are a misogynistic society and we don't want women to be "sexual" or "enjoy sex." By that same logic, since we are a society that represses women's sexuality and celebrates the sexuality of the male of the species, men should be able to dress however sexually they want and there wouldn't be any problems. But the truth is, in this society, we allow women much more leeway in the way they dress than we do men. If men dressed as scantily getting on an airplane as half the women I see, they'd be getting thrown off left and right. The truth is that they don't and they aren't.

Ah... that old gag again

ummm...did you see post 53?

Or how about this guy:

2349077637.jpg

or here's this guy again:

us_airways_3275x368.jpg

But the truth is, in this society, we allow women much more leeway in the way they dress than we do men. If men dressed as scantily getting on an airplane as half the women I see, they'd be getting thrown off left and right. The truth is that they don't and they aren't.

ummmm...nope.

Next false argument...

Last edited:
This seems to be her in the same outfit prior to donning the airport sweater and maximizing coverage for maximum social media coverage.

b60f5cca1d15ce71783c1cb80e70c9e3

Her show must be pretty lame then. I'd post one of the one I went to, but it would get deleted fast.

$40 to sit near the front, $50 for the exit row, $85 to sit next to the scantilly clad stripper.

$100 if she sits on my face.

You and Lindberg are going on ignore now...ta, ta!

Ignorance is bliss. That was a rather weak showing on your part.
Next false argument....

No thanks, you'll just ignore it.

I get the sense this thread is short lived.

Last edited:
I did not realize this board has a feature where it blocks posts from folks on your ignore list even when they're quoted by others. Some things become much more clear when you click "show ignored content"....

Back