Broken hearted tonight

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Smitty, a Master Chief voted master mechanic and maintainer of the year several times, maintenance master chief in several VA squadrons, in his 30 year service in the NAVY.
My maintenance mater chief at VA129, my shift super visor at the TC-4C crew, my Co-worker at the Fleet repair station (AIMD) Whidbey, was forced to retire recently because he couldn't remember the door code at work, then less than a week later he could not remember how to log in the computer or start the propeller valve housing test bench that he had installed in 1995, and had worked with for well 16 years.

couldn't remember who I was today..

sniff, I hate see my friends get old.

Sorry to hear that, Tom. I went thru this with my dad for his last couple of years. The last 6 months he didn't know who I was.

Sorry to hear that, Tom. I went thru this with my dad for his last couple of years. The last 6 months he didn't know who I was.

Our morning coffee club is getting smaller and smaller.

out of 17 that were the TC-4C maintainers, there are 6 left.

Alzheimer's is my worst nightmare in slow motion.

Enjoy life now. You might not remember tomorrow. ;)

Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he is getting appropriate help and support.

Alzheimer's killed my mother. I hate Alzheimer's (the disease, not the victims).

My aunt and two of my cousins both taken by Alzheimer's before age 40... It's just awful. Sorry for your loss, Tom

Lost my mother-in-law that way. Alzheimer's sucks. Sorry about your friend, Tom.

That sucks Tom. Sorry to hear. :(

Sorry to hear that Tom. My grandma thought I was my dad's mistress. Funny but sad all at the same time!

Ah Tom that is a really hard thing to have to deal with, especially when its someone you looked up to. Sorry this happened to your friend.

You know, I wish I could say something poetic. Something which captured all of the experiences of life, the laughter and the sorrows. The times when you two colluded to trick the rest of us and the times when you shared other concerns. The times when you understood each other.

All I can think to say is that if a man had even one other they could feel such affection for then they have had a blessed life indeed. Tom, that this man has held such grasp in your life says much of him. And it says much of you.

You know, I wish I could say something poetic. Something which captured all of the experiences of life, the laughter and the sorrows. The times when you two colluded to trick the rest of us and the times when you shared other concerns. The times when you understood each other.

All I can think to say is that if a man had even one other they could feel such affection for then they have had a blessed life indeed. Tom, that this man has held such grasp in your life says much of him. And it says much of you.

You would have to know Smitty to know how funny that was, his nick was " sweet little son of a *****" he'd give you the shirt off his back, but were going to know how messed up you were for needing it.

Back