Broke my Stratus GPS connector. Can I use a generic?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I was trying out some aerobatics yesterday because I accidentally flew into a TFR for an airshow.
To keep from getting busted, I just went with it. At some point during my act, I broke the MCX connector on the GPS antenna.

Since I am cheap and poor because I own an airplane now, can I use something like this?
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...I9N_tyCBcFl_deeDoC0aAtxXEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Or is is simple to buy an MCX connector and splice it?

I am not overjoyed at paying $50 for another antenna.

If only the OP new of a business that repairs used computer equipment. I'm sure they could put some of that magic silver stuffs on a new connectorator for ya and get you back to ADS-Bliss.

If only the OP new of a business that repairs used computer equipment. I'm sure they could put some of that magic silver stuffs on a new connectorator for ya and get you back to ADS-Bliss.
Is this a new business of which the OP is supposed to no of?

(Sea watt eye did their?)

Hmmmm.... I wonder if portable aviation tech would work within that company's product stream?

Hmmmm.... I wonder if portable aviation tech would work within that company's product stream?

Nah, we deal in hundreds of thousands of units. Not a lot of bulk avionics repair in our volumes.

huh huh, you said 'unit'.

ok now I feel better.

You sure that's a GPS antenna? Those are usually on top of the airplane, you know, for better exposure to the sky. Unless you fly inverted most of the time ....

Looks like a transponder antenna is missing. The "little one", as your wife might refer to it. ;)

I bought the $3 cable and it works just fine.

#YUUUGEMarkup

Back