Brittan Autopilot

I have not flown one, but they are (when properly maintained) well-regarded in Beech-world. Mechanically simple, robust and well-supported by the manufacturer.

I've got a Brittain with a B-11 Accutrack, B-12 Heading mode select and G-502A heading bug gyro and the TC100 turn coordinator gyro.

It has worked great for >6 years now.

No experience with the B5.

I've flown with a Brittan, not sure exactly which model. Worked well.

I love my Brittain CSA-2 and B-11 combo... I actually just finished up getting a Field Approval to add the PC/AH II pitch stabilization and altitude hold added to my C-172H. Now it's just a matter of waiting for my time on the waiting list to expire!

Then the plane will fly in a straight line, and even maintain altitude with the master switch off! Lol (not that I plan on doing that much).

My plane came with a Brittain B5C, but it wouldn't hold altitude or course worth a damn. Fortunately, we have one of the few qualified Brittain repair shops near here, but it took the several tries to get it right. The problem was that it had multiple problems so when they fixed one thing, the symptoms changed and they had to fix another. All told, I spent around $4k getting it fixed, but it now flies very well.It may take a few seconds longer than a new digital system to make corrections, but it is solid and cost a lot less that the newer system I was about to replace it with.

I had my Brittain for 20 years before I replaced it with an STEC 60-2. It lost its tracking ability and I used it in its later years in heading mode.

I hear they make great paper weights and door stops :)

My Mooney came with a Britain AP and it works great and very reliable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back