Bremerton AOPA Event - IFR routing around SEA area

Marc CYBW

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Marc CYBW
Planning on flying IFR Spokane to Bremerton via V2 on Thursday the 18th before the special NOTAM kicks in on Friday. What is the most likely transition near Seattle? SEA? HOOME? Other? Thanks, Marc

Kpwt - kgeg

image.png

To Bremerton? IFR they like to descend you and head you to Tacoma down low. Way out of their way and to hell with your planning.

If you can, cancel east of SEA and cross the VOR at 10,500.......descend rapidly to wherever the airshow arrival gate is.

Planning on flying IFR Spokane to Bremerton via V2 on Thursday the 18th before the special NOTAM kicks in on Friday. What is the most likely transition near Seattle? SEA? HOOME? Other? Thanks, Marc
Is the NOTAM published yet? I'm planning to head home from Paine Field on the 19th.

The "Information Packet" is on the AOPA Bremerton event page.

If it were me on a nice VFR day, I'd cross the Cascades from Chelan direct PAE, once clear of the high rocks decend to just under 4K, then transition the "B" north and west around the outer boundaries of the "B" to Bremerton.

I wonder how he got routed? I'm flying up to PWT this evening as I'm volunteering and the idea of being at OLM by 0430 to pre-flight for the quick hop up has lost its appeal. I'll just sleep under the wing tonight. BTW, the special procedures end at 1800 today, so normal processes until tomorrow morning if you arrive after 6 pm today.

Back