Bread machine recommendations?

The best thing by far I found is a Dutch oven, especially when used with wetter doughs. Preheat, bake for 30 minutes with the lid on, then another 15-30 minutes with it off (depending on loaf size). Makes for a beautiful, hard crust.

View attachment 38353

Well done!

This was the first loaf of bread I ever baked. I used the master recipe from that book I mention up thread. I obviously made my cuts in the dough too deep before putting it in the oven. It is just a simple French Boule. Tasted pretty good.

Bread.jpg

Well done!

This was the first loaf of bread I ever baked. I used the master recipe from that book I mention up thread. I obviously made my cuts in the dough too deep before putting it in the oven. It is just a simple French Boule. Tasted pretty good.

View attachment 38355

Nice! It's amazing how easy it is to make a really tasty artisan bread. Had I known, I would have started doing this years ago!

For years Mary joked "don't you dare ever buy me a breadmaker!" Then, we moved to Texas.

Texas has lots of great food; bread ain't one of them. We tried 'em all, and they all taste like sawdust.

So, one day, back in 2011, when we were at an outlet mall near Austin, we found a Breadman model on clearance for $49. At that price, we figured "what the hell...".

Mary has used that breadmaker at least weekly ever since. It effortlessly makes great bread, and has proven to be a lot more durable than the price would indicate. I can highly recommend it.

It looks a lot like this one: http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/...81594375&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=79653403935&veh=sem

Please pass on the recipe for the sweet rolls....:yes:

Here's the recipie. We just used it and rolled it out and filled it with sweet roll filling.

Variation: Danish Pastries (Yield 8)
103/4 oz. (23/16 C) 51/4 oz. (11/8 C)
3 TBSP
1 tsp
2 oz.
6 fl.oz. (3/4 C) 2 tsp
7 oz.
Fillings
1/2 3/4 C 1/4 1/3 C 1/2 3/4 C 1/2 3/4 C
bread flour cake flour dry milk salt
butter or margarine
water
dry yeast
butter or margarine for folding in the dough
egg, beaten for brushing on top
apricot jam or marmalade canned fruit filling or preserves nut streusel
cheese filling
( ) : measurements not as precise as weight measurements.
1 Follow steps 1 to 6 on P.29. Follow step 7, but repeat the process of folding into thirds and placing in tne refrigerator four times, instead of three.
Finally, wrap and chill for several hours or overnight.
2Roll out the dough into 14X17 inches.
Cut into 8 squares. Roll each out into about 7 inch square.
3Place the filling of your choice in the center of each square. Brush the four corners lightly with water to help them seal when pressed together.
4Fold two opposite corners over the center.
Press down firmly to seal together.
5Fold the other two corners over the center and press all four corners tightly together.
6 Place on greased baking pan. Spray water on top.
7 Proof, brush with beaten egg and bake as croissants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back