Branded Apparrel

rene86mx

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
rene86mx
I work for a tech company that is used to the typical The North Face, Patagonia, etc brands on corporate wear but are super budget constrained and still want to give something out to my team over the holidays...

Do you know any cool website where I can buy vests, hoodies, etc at good prices?

Go crazy!
Tell 'em I sent you :cool:

Crisp Benjamins never go out of style for employee appreciation. I think every such piece of swag I've received over the decades has ended up in the donation bin; are the unhoused your desired brand association?

Parsonskellog. They’ll likely want a multi-year contract.

The problem is EEs know when the company is hurting for cash if the quality of swag drops. Easier to do cash or equivalent awards without triggering the OMG we’re failing to meet goals response.

Crisp Benjamins never go out of style for employee appreciation. I think every such piece of swag I've received over the decades has ended up in the donation bin; are the unhoused your desired brand association?
Which is more advantageous from a tax standpoint, marketing and advertising expenses or charitable donations? ;)

Nauga,
and the walking billboards of Silicon Valley

Companies that can afford "benjamins" (plural or singular) are not the ones looking to get their $75 swag budget down to a more manageable $55.

Crisp Benjamins never go out of style for employee appreciation. I think every such piece of swag I've received over the decades has ended up in the donation bin;

Back in my racing days of selling race fuels, I received a lot of jackets, T-shirts and caps over the years. A few months ago I packed them all away in a more permanent storage. As I went through everything, it brought back a lot of good memories. I did feel like I was packing away my youth though.

A few crisp Benjamin's would have been Ok, but there would be no memories for me.

The problem is EEs know when the company is hurting for cash if the quality of swag drops. Easier to do cash or equivalent awards without triggering the OMG we’re failing to meet goals response.
I'd gladly trade the swag for rising deductibles and erosion of real wages ;)
Which is more advantageous from a tax standpoint, marketing and advertising expenses or charitable donations? ;)
Sounds like a question for in-house counsel.
GeorgeC,
who just does eyes

my bonus last year was beef from the local locker…for tax purposes, my boss had to go with me and pay for it rather than give me the cash or gift card.

Previous company I worked for gave out branded bag of goodies. Battery charger, a backpack, a jacket, some other junk... Being IT people, we quickly found the website where they bought the stuff, found how much they spent. Opened up the battery charger, found it was just a case with a recycled cellphone battery in it. Someone was bold enough to plug the battery charger into their work laptop, the laptop crashed. Most people either donated the jacket/backpack/etc to goodwill or just left it in the office.

Solidified the employees idea of what management thought of us. Would've rather had the low $ they spent on it, which would've covered lunch at least.

Back