Brain Gnats (Music stuck in yo noggin)

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I listened to Jambalya on the way to work this morning, now the tune is stuck in my head. Been dealing with the resulting annoying brain gnats all day.

large.gif

I flew a dog a couple of weeks ago whose foster mom's name was Verona. I'm terrible with names so to remember it I hacked the song "m...m...m...my Sharona"

Bad move, almost two weeks later that song is still stuck in my head.

Damn you Tim.. Now it's stuck in mine.. And when i get home it will be stuck in my wife's

ma ma ma ma
ma ma ma ma
my.. my... my.... my.....
Woo!

bada bada bop bop bada bada bada bop

Come a little closer huh, ah will ya huh,
Close enough to look in my eyes Sharona
Keeping it a mystery gets to me
Running down the length of my thighs Sharona

bada bada bop bop bada bada bada bop

yep that'll be there for a few days

'Iiiiiiiiit's a small world after allll,, iiiiiiiit's a small world after alllll....."

You're welcome.

I genuinely hate all of you.. Doc, there is a special place in Hell for you.. I can't even walk thru fantasyland without that getting lodged in my head for the day.

I thought they were called Earworms.

They say the way to get rid of one is to replace it with another. Say goodbye to the Knack...

:devil:

I genuinely hate all of you.. Doc, there is a special place in Hell for you.. I can't even walk thru fantasyland without that getting lodged in my head for the day.

My work here -- is done. :D:D

Yeah, that was pretty mean.

They say the way to get rid of one is to replace it with another. Say goodbye to the Knack...

:devil:

actually I have no problem at all NOT getting that cr @p stuck in my head.

For those with small kids

"Hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog"

'Iiiiiiiiit's a small world after allll,, iiiiiiiit's a small world after alllll....."

You're welcome.

When we visited Disney as kids, it was my Dad who wanted to get right back in line and ride that again. Guess he had the ear worm. :rofl:

Rich... Really....

What? Just tryin' to pick something from this decade for all the old farts here dating themselves by the songs being posted. :D

For the Muppet Fans

For the Warcraft addicts.

And I formally challenge 6PC to come up with a PoA version of this. (LeetSpeak optional)

My wife and I have been playing the earworm game for 34 years. For me, the best time to attack is early morning, before she is completely awake. I start by humming something, quietly, while we are still in bed. Just bits and pieces of it, never the whole tune. Then I gradually put all the pieces together, as we go through our morning routine, finally singing it out loud. At that point she is toast.
I find that I am most susceptible when I am intently focused on something else. especially if I am writing code or doing complex equations. She also recently discovered that she can get her best results while we are in the pattern to land. I get so focused I don't even hear her. Then, as soon as the plane is shut down I'll start humming whatever song she was humming in the plane.
Evil. Pure evil.

This one's been firmly wedged in there all day...
"Ooh, someone to be kind to in
Between the dark and the light
Ooh, coming right behind you
Swear I'm gonna find you
One of these nights.."

Katie, Katie, bo-batie,
Banana-fana fo-fatie
Fee-fi-mo-matie
Katie!

or the worst one of all.

Hey, hey, we're the Monkees!
People say we monkey around.
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down!

Hey, hey, we're the Monkees!
People say we monkey around.
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down!

Oh man, daydream believer! I sing the hell out of that one in the shower.
And it stays with me all day

Unless your earworm is linked to another song. One time I managed to get the collected works of Gilbert and Sullivan stuck in my head- took months to get it all out :no:.

And I formally challenge 6PC to come up with a PoA version of this.

Careful what you wish for. I am in a room full of instruments, I am off for 7 days and I lack that voice most people have that says "probably not a good idea".

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip.
That started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.........

it's the song that never ends
yes, it goes on and on my friend
some people started singing not knowing what it was
and they'll continue singing it forever just because...

Really hope I didn't just put that in my own head...

Careful what you wish for. I am in a room full of instruments, I am off for 7 days and I lack that voice most people have that says "probably not a good idea".

Collaborate with me on this... I have some ideas...

it's the song that never ends
yes, it goes on and on my friend
some people started singing not knowing what it was
and they'll continue singing it forever just because...

Really hope I didn't just put that in my own head...

This one p!sses off Mrs 6PC to unbelievable depths

Back