BQ1 was hopping today.

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador
Lots of air traffic. Plus, a Miata club, plus a couple of biker clubs, plus some private aerobatic group with RV-8's doing stuff. Amazingly, no wait for a table. The brisket and pulled pork was very good. Weather was mostly sunny with light ENE wind. A $100 well spent.

I met you today at BQ1..I flew down there in my old vee tail...was sitting in front of my left wing eating a BBQ..We talked a few minutes before you departed in your Arrow..great to meet POA pilots like yourself. BQ1 was busier than normal, but I think everyone got fed :).

Take care

I met you today at BQ1..I flew down there in my old vee tail...was sitting in front of my left wing eating a BBQ..We talked a few minutes before you departed in your Arrow..great to meet POA pilots like yourself. BQ1 was busier than normal, but I think everyone got fed :).

Take care
I absolutely remember you. It was great talking with you and your friend. I hope to meet up with you again.

Did lunch at KMTV...Blue Ridge Airport, Martinsville, VA today. Great food...plenty of it...largest sandwiches I have seen in a while. Nice airport, good crowd...about 20 airplanes there at noon. Temp 75 degrees...:).

Did lunch at KMTV...Blue Ridge Airport, Martinsville, VA today. Great food...plenty of it...largest sandwiches I have seen in a while. Nice airport, good crowd...about 20 airplanes there at noon. Temp 75 degrees...:).

which airplane were u in? we were there today as well.

Those Mooneys were fine looking airplanes !

No pics from me..we sat outside..my phone screen is not visible in direct sunlight.

Hope to meet you face to face next time..:)

Those Mooneys were fine looking airplanes !

No pics from me..we sat outside..my phone screen is not visible in direct sunlight.

Hope to meet you face to face next time..:)

definitely. I stopped trying to get people to meet up. seemed like my efforts were just a waste of internet space but yeah, we love going there. the food is awesome and the views of the mtns are pretty nice as well.

Any pics?

oddly enough I didn't take any pics while we were there. but you know when you're hanging out with the boys and some hot chick walks by and everyone stops talking and ogles her as she walks by? that's kinda what it was like when Doug's 195 strolled on through past the restaurant. that is a thing of beauty.

Back