Boy helps catch sex offender at Disney

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/video/13251173/index.html

Thanks to his keen eyes and ears, he not only protected his sister, but probably kept the other girl from a much worse fate.

For those who can't watch the video for whatever reason, I haven't found a text version, but here's the gist of it.

A boy and his sister are poolside at the Swan resort at Disney and this guy walks up and starts asking his sister questions like "Where's your mom and dad" "Do they know you're on the slide" "Can you point them out to me" etc. The boy gets suspicious and tells his dad and they both kinda keep an eye on him (though apparently the boy moreso than the dad) and sure enough, 30 minutes later, the guy is walking off with another little girl. The boy follows them and finds the guy with the girl behind a bush and the guy is sexually assaulting her. The boy runs back to his father, tells him what's going on, and the father and 4 lifeguards go and apprehend the man until police arrived. The father then asks on camera why the man was free and the report makes mention that the predator has a history of sex offenses going back 40 years. The story ends with the boy mentioning how he picks up on weird questions like those the man asked because he doesn't want anything to happen to his sister or any other kids.

Maybe we should start arming our kid with tasers for scum like this?

Smart boy. I'd give that young man a taser in a minute, but I couldn't say that about most 11 year old kids as half of them would probably use it on their little sister. I hope that Disney does something really nice for them. The kid's definitely a hero in my book.

This was handled exactly the way it's supposed to be, all around. Teach your kids to look out for each other, don't let them out of your sight, train them to get an adult to help when they see something wrong (not to assume it's just someone else's problem). But above all, teach them right from wrong in the first place.

BRAVO ZULU to that Boy!! Disney should be giving that kid a free lifetime pass. Not that one should expect something for doing the right thing but Disney should do the right thing if ya catch my drift. I bet the parents of that little girl are loving this Boy!! He is a hero!:yes:

Great kid. Sounds like a couple of parents doing a great job of raising him, too.

Awesome young guy! He not only watched for his sister but for others as well.

BRAVO ZULU to that Boy!! Disney should be giving that kid a free lifetime pass. Not that one should expect something for doing the right thing but Disney should do the right thing if ya catch my drift. I bet the parents of that little girl are loving this Boy!! He is a hero!:yes:

Disney will want the story to go away. Can't have miscreants in the Magic Kingdom.

I managed to help catch a sex offender in my college locker room a few years ago. It's nice taking scum like this out of society for a little bit.

Bad story, good ending. Scum like this deserves to be killed.

I thought we just elected them to Congress??;);)
This morning, I was driving in front of the Jawjuh capitol building headed toward another state agency. A bunch of kids, at least a few bus-loads, were crossing the street headed for the building. I wanted so badly to yell out the window... "Oh cool! Their replacing the Jawjuh General Assembly!"

:D

Back