box check on faa 8500 medical form

irwin Smith

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
flyboy1
hello my last flight physical was in 2006 it was a class 2. i renewed my class 2 this week. in the section box " admission to hospital" i checked no. since the time of my last medical from 2006 to 2018 i have never been admitted to the hospital. I . however, had gastric bypass surgery in 2001. but i cannot remember if i checked the bow "admission to hospital" back in 2006 for that , will this pose a problem? thanks kindly

Should have queried the Doc when you did the physical. He could have made note of it at the time of the physical I believe.

yes but its been so long ago, last medical, i am not sure if back then i checked "admission to hospital" yes or no. so if back then i checked yes , this time i checked no ,so should i correct this box with faa , or let it be. i ? when i checked no i was thinking admitted to hospital since last physical

yes but its been so long ago, last medical, i am not sure if back then i checked "admission to hospital" yes or no. so if back then i checked yes , this time i checked no ,so should i correct this box with faa , or let it be. i ? when i checked no i was thinking admitted to hospital since last physical
This is actually easy.....you can contact the FAA in OKC and request a copy of your airman file. It has copies of all your previous submitted medical forms. Then you can see if you previously reported it.

In the future, always make and keep copies of your future submissions

thanks for the response, i am just concerned that they will flag my medical because i checked "no" when i should of checked "yes". the questions they ask are one liners, very vague

correct me if im wrong, but isnt the box, "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ADMITTED" once checked it must alwas be check and noted PRNC on later forms.

bob

Irv, it won't be an problem. Just get a current status letter from your PCP in which there is commentary that you are weight-stable, don't have known liver difficulties, and have no complications. At >10 years, this is a "near" but-not-quite yawn.

Don't go, without the note, however!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back