Bought a new GoPro

They're pretty solid cameras. I have the Hero 5 and the Fusion 360. Have fun.

Rich

That is a very stable picture when compared to the instability of the cowling. (If'n ya know what I mean. :) )

Love it! Beautiful scenery in your neck of the woods.

How/where was your camera mounted? It was odd that the cowling was moving around in the frame.

Took my new GoPro on a maiden flight last weekend. Impressed with the video quality! Really beats the cheap Chinese action cams...

I just bought the Hero 7 not too long ago. Great improved stabilization. No shimmy or movement at all. I'd post some videos but I don't have a YT account for it.

Very scenic airport.

Hi everyone.
I agree, GoPro has good quality, for the simplicity of use, and with the Fusion you can create a 360 view which I find very useful.

I think the reason the "shake" is not transmitted / visible is the capability of the camera / firmware to use Stabilization option. when it's turned on the software will try to maintain stability / the Horizon remains in the same location.

Fusion has an additional step that you can select in Fusion Studio that really accentuates that feature. You can look inside the cockpit and see yourself moving around, in a decent chop / turbulence but the Horizon is perfectly stable.
I finally found out how to add telemetry to the Fusion, using Free applications, a lot of useful information for CFIs. I am now trying to find out how to add the Heart rate, maybe from a Garmin Phoenix 3? There is another device Polar xxx? that I think it works with 4-7 but as far as i know not Fusion.
If some one knows how to do it send me a private Email, post here or start another thread?

Last edited:
So it's not made in China? Or it's just not cheap?

LOL, well, by Chinese I meant company headquarters. I think GoPro's are manufactured in Hong Kong and definitely not cheap!

Love it! Beautiful scenery in your neck of the woods.

How/where was your camera mounted? It was odd that the cowling was moving around in the frame.

The camera was mounted to the left tie down ring with a MyPilotPro Mount for GoPro.

As mentioned above the cowling was moving around due to the image stabilization. I'm really impressed with the effectiveness.

The camera was mounted to the left tie down ring with a MyPilotPro Mount for GoPro.

As mentioned above the cowling was moving around due to the image stabilization. I'm really impressed with the effectiveness.

Is it the Hero 7 Black? They really improved it over the 6.

Very clear video, I think it always looks better without the prop filter.

As for the MyPilotPro Mount, great addition and easy mounting for the videos. I use my pro mount for the tail tie down video angle.

Man, snow capped mountains, rolling hills, crystal clear streams, nice! All I have here in Louisiana is bugs, 100% humidity, brown water and sugar cane fields.

Last edited:
Man, snow capped mountains, rolling hills, crystal clear streams, nice! All I have here in Louisiana is bugs, 100% humidity, brown water and sugar cane fields.

Don't forget sea level performance, that's something I have never seen...

Looks great! I have an Apeman that my girlfriend got on Amazon for $40. Seems to be decent quality and almost on par with a GoPro.

Back