Bose QC45 & UFlyMike vs Crystal Mic Pro Lightning

Travis843

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Travis843
Hello! New student pilot here and I have pair of BOSE QC45 headphones I would like use with a Mic setup for flying until I get my hands on a pair of A20's.

I searched around the forums and I didn't run across anything that seemed up to date. I am looking between these two addon's and am curious of any feedback if one is better than the other. They both seem to be similar in price but I am looking for some real world feedback.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to spending some time on the forums to learn more as I progress through my training.

Thank you!

I have an older uflymike and it works well. I also have the older bose aviation X and they seem to work about the same. I haven't tried the new high dollar headphones like the A20's etc.

Thanks for the information and the link. I will check the uflymike out again.

Thanks for the information and the link. I will check the uflymike out again.

In another thread, they had this to say, seems applicable to you:

After a lot of ambivalence, purchased the Lightspeed Sierra.
I was ready to pull the trigger on the Bose QC45 and UFlyMike ANR kit- when I came across info on their website that they're hearing of echo/sidetone feedback problems when used with the new QC45's.

https://uflymike.com/blogs/news/qc45-sidetone-audio-quality-issue

They say it's an issue for around 10% of users, who knows- but there's no "fix" for it presently (they advise calling Bose to ***** about it). Wasn't willing to roll the dice on it, so went with the Lightspeed. Posting this follow-up mainly to let those who've been considering the QC45/Harmony upgrade know of the potential issue.

I have QC45’s and uflymic. Great setup. I’ve used A20’s also and prefer the QC’s over longer periods of flying.

I have QC45’s and uflymic. Great setup. I’ve used A20’s also and prefer the QC’s over longer periods of flying.

Thanks! That is good to hear. I assume you were not one of the 10% with the sound issue. How do you find the build quality to be?

Thanks! That is good to hear. I assume you were not one of the 10% with the sound issue. How do you find the build quality to be?
Good, not bulletproof but ok for adult use. Less stout than the aviation specific models.

Good, not bulletproof but ok for adult use. Less stout than the aviation specific models.

That is what I have heard and was wondering about the Crystal Mic - Not a lot of reviews it seems but it appears to be a very well built product.

Back