Bose Headset X repair questions

Hey guys, I saw this thread and was hoping someone could help me out. I have a set of Bose X headsets with a U174 plug. Is there anyone on here who has or would know where to get the 5ohm twin plug headset cable? Not trying to hijack the thread.

Thanks,

Steve

Got the yolks from Zack today. Extremely nice print quality, very fine layers, perfect fit, no reaming, scraping nor tapping required. Gray color looks great.
thumbs up, no hesitation recommending this solution.
andy

I bought some last week from Zack. Definitely recommend. Great option in lieu of Bose's flat bench price .

I tried to email Zach using the email code shown in previous posts. Any thoughts/ help?

Last edited:
My dad had a pair of Bose X aviation headsets out of warranty with broken earpiece yokes and Bose wanted a lot of money to fix them. He asked me if I could design replacement yokes on my computer and print them on my 3D printer. He is an airline pilot and has been using them now for over a year without any problems. If you are interested in buying one, let me know. I’ve uploaded a photo of my dad’s. They are green since that’s the color used for the test prints, but I can print them in gray or most other colors you may want. I will guarantee them for life, just pay for shipping if they do break. Email me at my display name @gmail account.
View attachment 56109
Hi Zack

FIRST POST :) Just emailed you to order a new pair of 'bales'. Hope you can help

I had the left yoke break off and the right one is cracked and looking like it is about to break. This was at the top position of the yoke, where it connects to the head piece. I PM'd Zack as well. :)

Zach made me a set for my Bose X. They worked great. Pretty easy to install, but you will need a Torx 5 wrench to get one of the small screws out from the headset prior to the swap.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all of your support, I really appreciate it. My business is still fully functional, and I am still making more yokes. I have moved to a new website to handle a larger audience.

if you would like to take a look, it is at Zack3DPrints.com

My dad had a pair of Bose X aviation headsets out of warranty with broken earpiece yokes and Bose wanted a lot of money to fix them. He asked me if I could design replacement yokes on my computer and print them on my 3D printer. He is an airline pilot and has been using them now for over a year without any problems. If you are interested in buying one, let me know. I’ve uploaded a photo of my dad’s. They are green since that’s the color used for the test prints, but I can print them in gray or most other colors you may want. I will guarantee them for life, just pay for shipping if they do break. Email me at my display name @gmail account.
View attachment 56109
How do we get more information about these yokes

Back