Bose Headset X repair questions

G-Man

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
AirmanG
My Bose X ANR headset has busted - the yoke over the earcup cracked in half over time. I talked with PJ at Bose customer support, and he was fantastically helpful, professional, and friendly.

For $225, they'll repair and rebuild the headset. It'll take 2-4 weeks due to holiday rush. But it still won't have bluetooth or any aux input for music or phone use. They will give me a $300 discount if I upgrade to the $1,095 A20, which has bluetooth and an 1/8" stereo input.

Any better options than $225 for the repair?
Any way to connect a cell phone?
Any way to add in a music input?

Thanks for the input!

There are third party items you can buy to do the audio/bluetooth connection. You'll have to search that out yourself though. The big draw back to that idea would be more cables to keep track of.

Just a heads up. The bluetooth technology on the A20 will only connect to cellphones. It will not connect to an iPad, iPod, etc. I wish they would do an upgrade to allow that.

BTW... The $225 price for the rehab is actually a pretty good deal if you don't want the other stuff.

There are third party items you can buy to do the audio/bluetooth connection. You'll have to search that out yourself though. The big draw back to that idea would be more cables to keep track of.

Just a heads up. The bluetooth technology on the A20 will only connect to cellphones. It will not connect to an iPad, iPod, etc. I wish they would do an upgrade to allow that.

BTW... The $225 price for the rehab is actually a pretty good deal if you don't want the other stuff.

Didn't they recently do just that?

Didn't they recently do just that?

Haven't heard anything. If they did, that would be great. I'd send my headset in for an upgrade/refurb before the warranty runs out.

Too lazy to check it out myself, so I'll keep watching hear to see if anyone can confirm that.

My A20 connects to my iPad via Bluetooth and I can hear runway and traffic alerts from ForeFlight.

Last edited:
I don't have any yokes right now for the X's. I'll start shopping again for old busted units to use for parts and when I get some in, I'll follow up with you then.

On a side note, if any of you ever have a headset that no longer works, you don't want to fix and just don't want, don't throw it away. I might be able to use it for parts. So just PM or call me and you could make a few bucks if I need it!

My dad had a pair of Bose X aviation headsets out of warranty with broken earpiece yokes and Bose wanted a lot of money to fix them. He asked me if I could design replacement yokes on my computer and print them on my 3D printer. He is an airline pilot and has been using them now for over a year without any problems. If you are interested in buying one, let me know. I’ve uploaded a photo of my dad’s. They are green since that’s the color used for the test prints, but I can print them in gray or most other colors you may want. I will guarantee them for life, just pay for shipping if they do break. Email me at my display name @gmail account.
Bose Yoke1.jpg

Last edited:
My dad had a pair of Bose X aviation headsets out of warranty with broken earpiece yokes and Bose wanted a lot of money to fix them. He asked me if I could design replacement yokes on my computer and print them on my 3D printer. He is an airline pilot and has been using them now for over a year without any problems. If you are interested in buying one, let me know. I’ve uploaded a photo of my dad’s. They are green since that’s the color used for the test prints, but I can print them in gray or most other colors you may want. I will guarantee them for life, just pay for shipping if they do break. PM me or email me at my user name gmail account.
View attachment 56109
I need a left ear bale. What do you charge for printing a new one?

Is this thread still active? I just broke my Bose X bale both sides. they are flimsy. Bose will replace it for $225 but it looks simple to me. Problem is Bose will not send me a bale replacement. The headset does not need refurbishing just the bale. I like the ones ZackS showed but anything that will work would be fine.

I've had several X's sent in for repair. Great service. Make sure you list everything you want replaced. It's the same price.

My dad had a pair of Bose X aviation headsets out of warranty with broken earpiece yokes and Bose wanted a lot of money to fix them. He asked me if I could design replacement yokes on my computer and print them on my 3D printer. He is an airline pilot and has been using them now for over a year without any problems. If you are interested in buying one, let me know. I’ve uploaded a photo of my dad’s. They are green since that’s the color used for the test prints, but I can print them in gray or most other colors you may want. I will guarantee them for life, just pay for shipping if they do break. Email me at my display name @gmail account.
View attachment 56109

Zack, can you make me a set of Bose Headset X yokes in charcoal gray or close and how much? Ship to Oklahoma City.

Randy Aldridge
email me at rla1@sbcglobal.net

View attachment 56109
Hello,
I am in France.
I am interesting in 2 pairs (2 right and 2 left) earpieces yokes for BOSE AHX as pictured.
Can you send them in France ? If possible, tell me price with shipping cost through cheaper way. I'll pay via Paypal
Thanks you very much
Regards

Try contacting Zack via PM. He's been very responsive that way and has a new yoke on the way to me with tracking number. He now has better colors that the green shown in the pic. You can also use his email, Zack3dprints at gmail.com

Try contacting Zack via PM. He's been very responsive that way and has a new yoke on the way to me with tracking number. He now has better colors that the green shown in the pic. You can also use his email, Zack3dprints at gmail.com
Thanks you very much

Just wondering if anyone has gotten these replacements from Zack and if they are any good?

Zack, you still in business?

Thanks,
Dave

How much is he charging for the yokes and does anyone have an idea about the screws? I think I managed to find a screw that sorta works out of the million computer case screws I have but would like a better replacement.

$20 apiece.

Got mine today. Zack, these are amazing! This is how Bose should have done it. If I had another Bose X, I'd buy yours to replace even non broken yokes.

Super glue the yoke. Originally you could go to the factory in Framingham mass. Now they must be mailed in. The service center would do minor repairs while you waited. Now you have a minimum charge,and must mail it to them. When you talk to them ,they want to sell you the new model.

Just ordered a set,he makes it so easy,will post how I like them ,when I get them.

I just ordered another set for my other passenger Bose X

Not cool. He previously put his email in this thread, just not in full link so spam bots would not pick it up. Later in the thread Htaylor also provided the address in a similar fashion.

Not cool. He previously put his email in this thread, just not in full link so spam bots would not pick it up. Later in the thread Htaylor also provided the address in a similar fashion.
Better :)

Back