Bose A20 kind of hot on ears!

marcoseddi

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
marc
Anyone out there have the Bose A20's and think the same thing they are kind of really hot on the ears! It makes me uncomfortable alot of the time..

I've flown ~40 hours X/C legs with the new set and haven't noticed any problems. FWIW.

Anyone out there have the Bose A20's and think the same thing they are kind of really hot on the ears! It makes me uncomfortable alot of the time..

I have them and love them! I find the band on the top starts hurting my head after about 1.5 hours but that's about when we stop though too. Do you have them sitting on the dash as you preflight? Those cushions do get warm if they sit in the sun for a little bit.

Nope it doesn't sit in the heat I just put them on in my office and I was going to throw up from
Heat exhaustion lol

I have them and they are my least favorite. They hurt my head by the end of the day.(isn't unusual to wear headset for 6 hours straight). I like the lightspeed Zulu 2's much better and the sennheiser set equally

I love my A20. I don't tolerate heat well, but they don't seem to make me any more uncomfortable than sitting in the sun for a few hours does anyway.

Go ZULU and you'll never look back! Several cross countries (real x-countries) and still love them. :yes:

I have them and they are my least favorite. They hurt my head by the end of the day.(isn't unusual to wear headset for 6 hours straight). I like the lightspeed Zulu 2's much better and the sennheiser set equally
WARNING: Thread hijack! Squawk 7500!

I have Zulu.2's also, but even on it's smallest adjustment it's a little too large for my head and tends to slide around after a little while. My head isn't particularly small (my wife would be happy to confirm); am I perhaps doing something wrong with them, or is that just the way they are?

Go ZULU and you'll never look back! Several cross countries (real x-countries) and still love them. :yes:

I've been a Zulu owner for 3.5 years over 1,000 hours. Best headset and best service out of the various headsets that I've owned. I can wear them all day (literally) and be comfortable.

Everyone's head is different, though. Laurie isn't as happy wearing them all day as I am.

Considering I live & fly in Phoenix with a pair of A20's.... zero issues. The headset has never been 'too warm' I don't think. I've also had mine about a year and somewhere around 200hrs, many of which were long XC's (like 8 hour XC's, with 1 stop, or 3-4hr XC's). I've never heard of the A20 being too warm, I have a couple other Phoenix friends who wear them and have zero complaints.

Which is better and are either suitable for children?
I have the clarity aloft and fiance has the halo. I prefer the clarity; she prefers the halo.
I have no experience with clarity customer service after the sale.
We did have an old and failing halo in terrible condition (which I don't even recall where I purchased); I contacted quiet technologies who makes the halo. They sent a repair part to try which did not work. They then asked me to send in the headset which I did. They advised it was beyond repair and sent me a brand new one free of charge. For customer service above and beyond the call I have to recommend halo.
I do not know if either have one designed for kids but either may be bent to fit a smaller childs head.
I do not know but seem to recall the halo has volume control near the plug while my clarity has volume control closer to the headset where it clamps to my chest strap. As I plug into comm behind the seat, I much prefer controls located closer to the headset.

I have Zulus and an A20- to my ear the noise cancelling and overall sound quality are much better in the Bose. Having both, I always seem to gravitate toward the Bose. Lightspeed does have great customer service, but it's because they need to due to quality and durabiity issues.

I have Zulus and an A20- to my ear the noise cancelling and overall sound quality are much better in the Bose. Having both, I always seem to gravitate toward the Bose. Lightspeed does have great customer service, but it's because they need to due to quality and durabiity issues.

This.

I love reading this stuff. It's crazy how different people's opinions are. Man am I glad we did ours right. :)

Back