gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
diverticulosis in sigmoid colon and descending colon
1 polyp removed
exam otherwise normal.

Whoo hooo! Good for another 87,600 hours of normal operations until the next scope!

Ironically, I ordered the endoscope from Woot noted on Hangar Talk and waiting for it to scope my hot tub heater and circulation circuits ... nah, never mind. Not going there.

diverticulosis isn't much fun, very painful when it flares up. The antibiotics used to treat it totally wipe out yer gut. Yogurt becomes one of yer best friends.

I keep a couple quarts of aloe vera juice in the fridge for flareups. The minute I feel the tenderness I start swigging a quart and finish it in a 4-5 hours. I did the "just a gut ache - let it go" once ... the first time and then finally got to my doc. Yeah, big gun antibiotics for that one.

Sorry to hear. Those borescopes affect me in a bad way. Not looking forward to the next one.

This was my second. The prep is still way worse than the procedure. The prep juice this time was polyethylene glycol mixed with gator aid. My RV antifreeze is polypropolyne glycol ... I used to like gator aide and winterizing my RV never bothered me. I may never drink gator aide again, and am probably going to have to pay to have my RV winterized from now on! :)

Seriously tho, this time was nowhere near as difficult as I recall the last one.

I keep a couple quarts of aloe vera juice in the fridge for flareups. The minute I feel the tenderness I start swigging a quart and finish it in a 4-5 hours. I did the "just a gut ache - let it go" once ... the first time and then finally got to my doc. Yeah, big gun antibiotics for that one.
I've gone to yogurt about once a day. Seems to help. Every gut is different I suspect.

Good report,everyone needs a good clean out occasionally.

Agree with you, the prep is worse than the inspection (similar to an annual on a Piper!). Good to hear some here are serious about it. Neighbour of mine in his 50s died on Jan 15th from colon cancer that metastasized to most of his internal organs. He had a strong anti-authority streak and lived like he was invincible. Ain't nobody that was going to tell him to get augured...

This was my second. The prep is still way worse than the procedure. The prep juice this time was polyethylene glycol mixed with gator aid. My RV antifreeze is polypropolyne glycol ... I used to like gator aide and winterizing my RV never bothered me. I may never drink gator aide again, and am probably going to have to pay to have my RV winterized from now on! :)

Seriously tho, this time was nowhere near as difficult as I recall the last one.
Bored out to next oversize. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I feel for you, hope you stay healthy.

Actually, I should add that even the extreme discomfort I experienced beats the hell out of dying of colon cancer. That polyp was an incipient tumor. Maybe it'd stay benign, maybe not. Do your colonoscopies folks. Can't fly if you're dying of cancer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back