Book Review N/A and Geek Alert

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Ok I will confess to being a harry Potter fan. I love the books and the movies. I even subscribe a the MuggleCast podcast and I listen to that when I fly commercially.

Well 7 years ago a 12 year old started a web site about Harry Potter and it is now the biggest fan site on the web. Emerson Spartz is a student at Notre Dame University, and has a staff of 120 people working on the web site. He has been invited to meet with JK Rowling, is on talk shows, and has now published a book.

The book is "What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7" and I just finished reading it. The book explores several theories about what is going to happen in the next book. Some of the discussion are taken from the Mugglenet.com web site and then refined into a well written discussion with backed up facts from the book, JKR interviews, and JKR's own web site. I really enjoyed reading the book and some of the theories are really well supported. A few, IMHO, are out there. But the whole idea of buying a book to read about a few people's theories is out there to begin with.

But if you are a fan I recommend the book. It only took me a little over 5 hours to read the whole thing and is a HP fix in between books and re-runs of the movies.

BTW HP:OTP comes out in July 2007 and I am counting the days.

You geek.

(BTW, Harry's going to die. Anything less and Rowling is selling out.)

You geek.

(BTW, Harry's going to die. Anything less and Rowling is selling out.)

Could be an evil twin that decides to not be evil.

I'm thinking about after they heard the grosses of Thelma and Louise when the actresses said, "There couldda been a branch..."

Harry Potter is one of my all time favorites. It is why I started reading again.

Well we will ignore the unbelieving muggles.

Did you read a series of unfortunate events? Not quite as good as HP but enjoyable.

I think I have read each of the HP books at least once with a couple of then three times. That ties LOTR for me. I will be rereading HP:OTP next year in prep for the movie.

Some folks on this board might be a little young to remember that, but I'll admit to being old enough (by a significant margin). :D

Anyone who watches Family Guy might catch it too ;)

Last edited:
Some folks on this board might be a little young to remember that, but I'll admit to being old enough (by a significant margin). :D

To this day, the most ridiculous- and audacious- moment in television (OK, pre-recorded television, thus excluding Janet Jackson's not-particularly-interesting titty).

The name of the last Harry Potter book was revealed by JKR as a Christmas present to fans.

If you want know highlight the text between the arrow>>Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows<<

I think it is safe to assume that the Lilly and James' house will play an important role in the end of the story.

Back