Bonds Called out

This doping stuff is not new at all. I am not saying I have proof of Ruth or Aaron doping but I do know that in the past athlete were using all kind sof stuff to try and increase performance or reduce pain. During the early days of the Tour d'France the riders would drink strychnine to increase their ability to compete.

The only difference I see now is that some of the drugs they are using actually work. I think as long as we keep paying these guys huge amounts of money they will do anything to achieve greatness.

yeah I saw the link on drudge, and read about it.

I can't stand him Sosa or Mcguire. I think they are all pathetic.

I used to live in Illinois and I remember Sosa on the white sox. It takes total talent to even make it in the majors let alone then bulking up and putting those numbers up without enhancement drugs.

They have ruined baseball, IMHO, and finally they have started to clean up the mess.

All those records should be tossed.

So, how do y'all compare this to the Pete Rose deal?

Should ANY of them be inducted into the HOF?

wsuffa said:
So, how do y'all compare this to the Pete Rose deal?

Should ANY of them be inducted into the HOF?

No, zero, none, nyet, nine, and every other lingo way of saying no way.

Sonar5 said:
No, zero, none, nyet, nine, and every other lingo way of saying no way.

Baseball broken beyond repair. Lets ditch the majors and start again with the minors. Get rid of all the greedy owners, players and agents.

I have a ball program from when I was a kid. I stood outside Wrigley field and got Ernie Bank, Fergie Jenkins, and one other guys autograph. They all were ahppy to do it. Now if you want an autograph you have to pay the player to get it. POOHHHEEEYYY :vomit:

I can't remember the last "pro" ball game I attended. In Nashville we have a AAA team that puts on more show for less money than any other venue in town, and they win! We attend at least 10 games a season and enjoy every one of them.

I love minor league ball. It's a lot of fun.

The team down here does a "used car night" once a year. They give away a car every inning, said cars donated my local used car dealers. The give-away team slaps a little lipstick on those pigs, and makes 'em look pretty. Friend of mine wanted to win the teal 1995 F150 last year....

smigaldi said:
This doping stuff is not new at all. I am not saying I have proof of Ruth or Aaron doping but I do know that in the past athlete were using all kind sof stuff to try and increase performance or reduce pain. During the early days of the Tour d'France the riders would drink strychnine to increase their ability to compete.

The only difference I see now is that some of the drugs they are using actually work. I think as long as we keep paying these guys huge amounts of money they will do anything to achieve greatness.
True,, im sure there is plenty of history with ball players doing things to improve their performance.. however technology has pushed steriods way over the edge.. take for example Arnold. The Gov was the man back in the day and even to this day most look up to his accomplishments but the size of the guys shooting up today marke Arnold look like a dwarf!

We are talking ball fields almost the same size as they were 80 years ago... then you have men speeding up evolution to the speed of light in the same size field with pitchers throwing maybe a little faster but not really any more tricky and the stats just dont equate in my opionion.

Ghery said:
"This man"? You mean "The Man", don't you? :D

You're right! Indeed I do. Stan "the Man" Musial was my boyhood hero. IMHO the game just isn't the same anymore with with huge salaries, huge players, greedy owners, and corporate money. The Game just doesn't possess the charm and romance that it once did. :(

kevin47881 said:
I can't remember the last "pro" ball game I attended. In Nashville we have a AAA team that puts on more show for less money than any other venue in town, and they win! We attend at least 10 games a season and enjoy every one of them.

Spent more nights at Sounds games than all the other pro teams and sports put together. Some warm memories ...

Still have Willie McGee's and Steve Balboni's AAA baseball cards from Nashville. The Nashville Sounds sent a hell of a lot of outstanding players to the show over the years.

alaskaflyer said:
Spent more nights at Sounds games than all the other pro teams and sports put together. Some warm memories ...

Still have Willie McGee's and Steve Balboni's AAA baseball cards from Nashville. The Nashville Sounds sent a hell of a lot of outstanding players to the show over the years.

Richard, if you ever find yourself back in Nashville during the season, ring me up and the games on me!

Back