Boeing NG full brakes stopping distance

martellogucci

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Federico
Hi, i hope this is the right section.
I'm modelling a Boeing NG extreme braking maneuvre using Simulink and i'm trying to understand if my datas are good. How many metres does a Boeing NG need to have a fully stop after a RTO, using all his braking potential?
Thanks i hope my question si clear.

There are many variables, not the least of which is the speed when the RTO occurs. I’m sure Boeing has published a set of tables.

Have you tried asking Boeing, rather than a bunch of random pilots?

Honestly i have been looking for it for a while, imagine 70 m/s

Honestly i can't find it, thanks for helping though

How many metres does a Boeing NG need to have a fully stop after a RTO, using all his braking potential?
You ask a general question but there isn’t a general answer. There are many variables involved in the computation. Runway surface, grooved or not, contamination, temperature, atmospheric pressure, gross weight, probably a few I have forgotten. Google 737NG performance data and see what comes up.

I don't find any ASDR numbers but i do remember the LDR for max landing weight, max manual braking flaps 40 was less then 1000m so just over 3000ft.

Weight is the biggest variable. Also field elevation, runway slope, runway condition (dry, wet, contaminated), max manual braking or Max, 3, 2, or 1 autobrakes, carbon or steel brakes, etc.

From the hip, 6k feet. Assuming max gross wt, standard conditions.

Way shorter. I used to get a lot of time playing in the sim. I could land 14L at Boeing Field which is 3700' long no problem.
If I didn't mind a brake fire I could get stopped in half the length. 2/3 length I might get a brake temp light.
That was at mid weight and CG, Vref 40.

He mentioned RTO. Got the distance to get to V1 (or less) to add to that. Also, takeoff weight, not landing weight (albeit they can be close).

Back