Boeing grounds 737 Max Again!

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
Don’t have the link, but apparently it now has electrical problems.

A limited number require a ground to be checked. Most are probably back in service already.

I’m still a little slow, I’ll blame it on the anesthesia wearing off. Well played.

The 737 MAX was reportedly not sufficiently grounded, therefore additional grounding was needed.

images

Apparently there's the possibility that some airplanes had the grounding point painted before the grounding wire was attached. Inspection required to see if there is paint where it shouldn't be and, if there is, it must be removed.

I thinks it’s one of those ‘abundance of caution’ deals. We know that just about anything slightly negative will hit the press about the MAX.

Apparently there's the possibility that some airplanes had the grounding point painted before the grounding wire was attached. Inspection required to see if there is paint where it shouldn't be and, if there is, it must be removed.
What systems were the grounding point used for?

What systems were the grounding point used for?
I don't know details. I've heard it is the Standby Electrical system. What I don't understand is how the aircraft could operate normally with such a fault. So, I'm not sure if any airplanes have actually been found with the fault or if they simply identified the possibility of this error having been made so they are doing the inspections to see.

Grounds are a funny thing and can be very hard to troubleshoot. In this case it’s a 30 minute inspection and 2 hour fix if needed.

I don't know details. I've heard it is the Standby Electrical system. What I don't understand is how the aircraft could operate normally with such a fault. So, I'm not sure if any airplanes have actually been found with the fault or if they simply identified the possibility of this error having been made so they are doing the inspections to see.
I’ve seen where the rivets/screws provide enough contact to do the job for a while. Whether that happens will probably depend on the amp requirements.

Back