Boeing builds an airplane.

Careful, the web board monitor will come along and excoriate you for posting a video that someone else posted long ago. :rolleyes2:

That is one huge building, if you ever get the chance to take the tour DO IT.

Good idea. The only times I've been to KPAE I never left the runway. T&G, S&G, but no full stop and visit the fun stuff. Maybe this summer.

Boeing? That Chinese company........right?

:D

This is pretty cool. It shows how fast Boeing can slap together an airplane.

It shows how fast Boeing can simply assemble the complex subassemblies that took someone else considerable time to put together.

The length of time in the paintshop, relatively speaking, reveals the time that the prep takes relative to the actual application of paint. I've painted several airplanes and trucks and can tell you that for every ten minutes of painting there was an hour or two or three of surface prep and masking. In the video is appears that the fuselage was already primed and the wings painted.

Dan

It shows how fast Boeing can simply assemble the complex subassemblies that took someone else considerable time to put together.

The length of time in the paintshop, relatively speaking, reveals the time that the prep takes relative to the actual application of paint. I've painted several airplanes and trucks and can tell you that for every ten minutes of painting there was an hour or two or three of surface prep and masking. In the video is appears that the fuselage was already primed and the wings painted.

Dan

the green PVC film is a protection from scratching and surface contamination during assembly, it washes off easily. but the aluminum must still be etched and primed.

that facility is the newest of the buildings at PAE and was a $147 million dollar boondoggle environmentally friendly paint facility.

Dan

I'm a picture framer and woodworker, I've spent days building a jig for one picture frame that required about ten minutes cutting and routing time.

People do not understand all the time that goes into making frames from scratch. I have to compete with stuff cranked out in China or Mexico.

John

Back