BOE4's Artistic Flight Path

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Boeing 4 just landed back in Seattle after an 18 hour 'artistic' flight. Pretty cool stuff!IMG_1896.PNG

If I was a controller, I would be very tempted to give a holding pattern for a few minutes right at the end of that flight... :)

how do they coordinate with atc?
I guess when there is a conflict they always move the other a/c?

I wondered the same. Also said they filed for FL350. I assume traffic conflictions were less of an issue since the majority of the flight was during the night.

22496aca8f4bdfbfe5a217953a984cf2.jpg

This has been making the rounds. LOL.

They might have gotten an ALTRV but I doubt it. Being done at night when traffic is light, it wouldn't have been a big deal to stay out of their way. The Centers involved would have told the controllers what was going on and to cooperate. Any moving of other airplanes would have been very minimal.

Last edited:
I wondered the same. Also said they filed for FL350. I assume traffic conflictions were less of an issue since the majority of the flight was during the night.

On long flights like that it's normal for them to do a cruise climb to higher altitudes as they burn off fuel and thus reduce weight. To fly that long they must've been very heavy.

It was an 18 hour flight, hard to do "majority" of it at night...

Well, we know it's summer, and we know what latitude they were flying at for this flight.

And... how many hours of daylight then? :)

(I didn't do the math. But I understood what you were saying.)

Back