Bob Hoover went west yesterday

the article is from August 2012

Look at the date on that article ? I've seen him since then.
You know I went looking for his obit and this popped up and I didn't notice the date. He passed yesterday and I can't find the correct obit yet. Don

Shucks. They don't make 'em like that anymore. May he rest in peace.

You know I went looking for his obit and this popped up and I didn't notice the date. He passed yesterday and I can't find the correct obit yet. Don
It's posted.

"Greatest stick and rudder man that ever lived".

I watched his Twin Commander routine when I was a kid and thought it was the most amazing thing and still do...such an amazing pilot. RIP

Saw Mr. Hoover many times. His "engine management" flying was a testament to proficiency and knowing your airplane. Too bad there are so many pilots out there that never witnessed what he did with that airplane! Will miss the hat. RIP - you were one of the greatest.

My best Oshkosh memories from years ago were watching him fly (and taxi back to the exact spot) his Shrike Commander with both engines shut down. RIP.

One of the guys I work with has a mom that spent time at the Hoovers'. I believe the quote was "she still tells the story about how the drunkest she had ever been was at his house."

Found out he lives down here around me and died in a hospital a stone's throw away... feels like the universe is doing him a disservice by me finding out about his passing on Facebook. I feel like there should have been harps and a sonic boom or something....

It really says something about our country when I couldn't find a single mention of this on the interwebs or the standard news outlets. A true American hero and legend like Mr. Hoover should have been recognized.
Nothing on our local evening news either.
But then again, I live "in the middle of a f***ing desert" (as my friends living in civilization call it) so I am not surprised that our local rednecks don't even know who BH was.
The "pouring ice tea upside down" video has circled them Ynterwebs numerous times, always sparking heated debates between smart people and the rest of the world. Mr. Hoover managed to turn dumb people's world upside down with that one. (pun surely intended)

I'll be watching the DVD, "flying the feathered edge, the Bob Hoover project" tonight.
We are discussing the same: to honor Mr. Hoover by watching this movie as well.

There was a nice small article on him in my local paper here in Idaho. Bob was a true gentleman and took the time to have a word with everyone that approached him. Don

Met him at Sun n Fun hawking his book. Seen him at a few shows w/ his P51 and Shrike.

If you're faced with a forced landing, fly the thing as far into the crash as possible.

Bob Hoover

It made the local TV news in Wash DC. I hope he outlived the FAA scum who tried to sandbag him back when. . .and if not, I hope they have to ride through his airshow routine twice daily in Hell. Naked. And not get to drink the iced tea.

...The "pouring ice tea upside down" video has circled them Ynterwebs numerous times, always sparking heated debates between smart people and the rest of the world. Mr. Hoover managed to turn dumb people's world upside down .

And the hardest part about it was pouring left handed so the camera could see it.

RIP Bob, you were one of my greatest heros

Back