Bluetooth Tracking Devices

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Does anyone have experience with or can recommend a bluetooth tracking device? Something like Tile (https://www.thetileapp.com/).

I've got various items I'd like to add this gadget to, including keys, dog, remotes, and more.

Think about your environment. I believe these things work by everyone having the tile app on their smartphone running and identifying the locations of the tiles. Then it relays that back to a central location so everyone can track them.

If nobody running the tile app is in range of it, it will be invisible to the network. Are you going to have these in an environment where they'll be in range of people with smartphones who also are running this app all the time? If not my thoughts are that it's not going to be very useful.

I have a similar device on my daughter's favorite doll (that she will not sleep without). It has saved many a frustrated hour of "where did she put that..." when it's time for bed.... ;)

It doesn't have to the the Tile product.

Seeking input on ANY solution that would permit me to use my smart phone to find the device (and what I attached it to).

Dan's example is what I'm working toward (though no dollies)

Spot has smaller tracking devices made for stuff. Probably expensive and subpar.

Are you looking to just find things in your house, or do you need GPS, etc?

Most items, within the house (range of bluetooth signal). Neighborhood range for the dog.

Dog you're gonna need something else. Bluetooth is pretty limited in range.

I have a sport dog waterproof dog collar with an 800 yard range. I have my dog trained to return when I beep him. I still have to shock him occasionally but for the most part I just beep him and he shows up.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have a sport dog waterproof dog collar with an 800 yard range. I have my dog trained to return when I beep him. I still have to shock him occasionally but for the most part I just beep him and he shows up.
Linky to product, please

Back