Blood in Eye (subconjunctival hemorrhage)

Cptwing

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Cptwing
I know it likely is not related, but I flew on Friday and again On Sunday, about an hour each day, highest altitude was about 3000' AGL. This morning I woke up with the white part of my left eye red and very bloodshot to say the least. I do not have any conditions IE hypertension, Anemia, Diabetes etc. There is no pain and no vision impairment, so I am fairly certain it is nothing to be to concerned about. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had this and if flying could have contributed to it?

'blood in the eye' and 'bloodshot', in my mind, are two totally different things. although medically, I'm sure both are technically blood in the eye. know what I'm sayin' ?

Two words, Eye Doctor.….. Ok three words, ophthalmologist.

It happened to me a while back. I rushed to see my opthalmologist. He looked at it, yawned, and sent me home. It was nothing to worry about.

BUT it is your eye. Don't be fooling around with your eyesight. Get thee to your Eye Doc!

-Skip

It happened to me a while back. I rushed to see my opthalmologist. He looked at it, yawned, and sent me home. It was nothing to worry about.

BUT it is your eye. Don't be fooling around with your eyesight. Get thee to your Eye Doc!

-Skip
Going tonight after work, everything I read its "likely" not a big deal, but going to err to caution.

I've seen this condition, it's quite horrifying to look at (unless you are into Goth stuff, perhaps).
Let's hope your eye doctor just yawns!

Generally related to coughing/straining/sneezing/heavy lifting/etc. Resolves spontaneously. Be concerned if associated w eye discharge, light sensitivity, change in visual acuity.
Yawn.

I woke up one morning like this. No flying, no fighting, wife swears she didn't punch me in bed. Nurse at work was not excited, just a broken blood vessel. No change for several days, then suddenly clear. Whole thing took a week . . No vision changes at all.

20180827_185110.jpg

I woke up one morning like this. No flying, no fighting, wife swears she didn't punch me in bed. Nurse at work was not excited, just a broken blood vessel. No change for several days, then suddenly clear. Whole thing took a week . . No vision changes at all.

View attachment 66731

That is very similar to mine. Went to the eye Doc and he asked me a bunch of questions about recent activity. His conclusion that is was due to long periods of heavy eye strain.

I've had it not related to flying no trauma just appeared one day. Went to the eye doc he yawned and said no biggie.

Is this condition caused by having sex during a prison visit? Oh, wait... that’s a conjugal hemorrhoid. Never mind.

Back