Blocked Profiles

I think it should be changed back to New Amsterdam.
Let’s just call it Phred. Using oldworld names is just part of a plan to maintain control of the serfs who attempted to escape their evil European overlords.

I don’t mind people trying to maintain some privacy.

Except for the mods.

Mods should have to post their real name, phone number, street address and social security number.

And credit card number. And also that little security number thingy on the back of the card.

I guess I will need to block mine as well. I don’t want all of you crazed deviants knowing I’m a male in Charlotte. Oh, that’s in the southeast for the geographically challenged.

;)
Where is it for those who aren't geographically challenged?

Being from the north myself, I like to tell the folks down here that NC is part of the North not the South. They don’t seem to appreciate that viewpoint.

Being a native-born Southerner, I tell people that I didn't know "damned Yankee" was two words until I was in high school (and met more than just one or two of 'em!)

Being a native-born Southerner, I tell people that I didn't know "damned Yankee" was two words until I was in high school (and met more than just one or two of 'em!)

My mother-in-law was a true southern belle, born and raised in South Carolina. Being a native Southerner myself and raised in an old-south family, when we first met I told her, "I never knew 'damn' and 'yankee' were two different words until I was 12 years old."

She looked me squarely in the eye and in a cold, firm voice she corrected me. "They aren't."

Of course, she was married for 60+ years to a yankee from Philadelphia. :)

Ever try ordering grits in South Dakota?

Some things you just don't do! Even Cracker Barrel in Ohio can't make edible grits, I'd never think of asking for them in the Dakotas . . . . And I learned to not ask for iced tea in Kansas or Missouri in December . . . .

What is a yute?

Hominy grits?
Dunno, never thought to count them.

Edited: This one about the magic grits is better....

No one has put crumbled up bacon in grits..????

The more you put in grits, the better they get. Just no sugar, syrup, etc. Cheese grits are wonderful--add some eggs and bake them, they're even better. Red eye gravy, mmmmmmm! Salt, pepper and butter are the bare minimum. Instant grits are edible, but certainly not good . . .

The more you put in grits, the better they get. Just no sugar, syrup, etc. Cheese grits are wonderful--add some eggs and bake them, they're even better. Red eye gravy, mmmmmmm! Salt, pepper and butter are the bare minimum. Instant grits are edible, but certainly not good . . .

I used to put bacon and cheese in grits, but look what it did to me......

I've had grits with butter and cinnamon. They weren't bad. A little bland for my tastes, but certainly not the worst thing I've ever eaten.

Rich

Never could stomach grits when I was working across the south. With one exception...

Sammy's Touch-n-Go at the Pell City, AL Airport had a side dish concoction that was excellent. When I asked what it was the waiter told me "they're basically French grits."

I don't know what was in it (and likely didn't want to know) but it was tasty!

That was a great restaurant, it was a sad day when it closed.

Back