Block the Box

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
So does the executive order to not ask about convictions on job applications apply to our pilots license renewal?

You mean the medical? Airman certificates don't expire.

So does the executive order to not ask about convictions on job applications apply to our pilots license renewal?

Well all the good companies will run a background check, does that count :dunno:

I've never renewed my pilots license, nor I have noticed a expiration date

Silly rabbit... the laws never apply to them! Laws are only for the little people.

I gather from this pronouncement that Hillary is quite unfamiliar with the first amendment. Government is going to prohibit an employer from asking a question of its job applicants?

Also, a criminal record is the result of a public trial, per the sixth amendment. Another inconvenient one of the bill of rights bites the dust. Query: What is to prevent employers from running a cursory name search on an applicant for criminal convictions? Or does she plan to make criminal justice proceedings secret now -- a la Star Chamber?

No, surely she knows better than that. Like the ATM fees, this is strictly for the consumption of another of her target demographics -- this time convicted criminals. In true Democrat fashion, next she'll be promising public coffin upgrades for all her deceased voters.

That's so Obama's minions don't have to answer the question after they get out of prison. :yes:

And the Spin Zone spills into the Aviation threads. I told you this was coming.

Only because people want to see how far they can push it. Just like kids...

treat people like children and what do you get?

Doubtful. This is all about getting votes. Not enough potential democrat pilots to make that effort worthwhile.

Shouldn't stuff like this be down in the hanger talk, since it has nothing to do with planes? With the Spin Zone going away, y'all are going to start polluting all the other forums now?

Shouldn't stuff like this be down in the hanger talk, since it has nothing to do with planes? With the Spin Zone going away, y'all are going to start polluting all the other forums now?

In fairness, the OP did try to tie it in to an aviation application.

Shouldn't this post be in the feedback forum since it's a question about the board? :goofy:

Is it that hard to just skip threads you don't want to participate in? This board has more metacommentary than anyplace I've seen since Slashdot in the'90s.

but but but the algorithmic purity will be diminished!!!

Back