Blah. Here it comes...

Brian Austin said:
111 where? Maybe her place in the sun? Officially it barely broke 100. We're still in the cool stuff. I have yet to turn on my a/c.

Not too far from McCormack Ranch area. I bought it "right", but MOM will probably outlive me. At least, she doesn't have to mow the lawn.

HR

Skip Miller said:
Forced? No, they choose to.
Still crazy IMO but this is America, after all.
-Skip

I dunno Skip, don't want to start some huge debate on them (I admit I don't have a lot of first hand knowledge) but from what I've seen, at least for the young'uns and the women, there is not much choice available to them.
There was one 17 yo M'nite girl back home who had to go to court in order to leave them and NOT have to wear a long black dress and stiff bonnet in summer, scrubbing clothes by hand, milking cows by candlelight, waiting on the men all the time.

What I want to know is what was the president of my professional society smoking when he scheduled our next BoD meeting in Tucson? Next Monday and Tuesday. Low 100s, high 90s. I am NOT looking forward to getting off that plane on Sunday.

Ghery said:
What I want to know is what was the president of my professional society smoking when he scheduled our next BoD meeting in Tucson? Next Monday and Tuesday. Low 100s, high 90s. I am NOT looking forward to getting off that plane on Sunday.

That reminds me of a country song: Nobody wants to go to Tuscon in the summer, that's why the boss picked me. But there's a lady who lives in Tuscon, Arizona...dah dah dah dee dee.

Sigh. Cancelled Saturday afternoon flight. New temp forecasted at 111 on Saturday and 113 on Sunday.

We're going to try for an early Sunday flight.

Any local folks heading to the FAA briefing at DVT on Saturday morning?

Brian Austin said:
...not to mention the thermals over the city.

Sounds like a good time to head to to Estrella or Turf soaring school and pick up a glider rating. Take advantage of those thermals.

Ghery said:

Cheap hotel rates 'cause nobody wants to be there? Like Chicago in February.

-Skip

Skip Miller said:
Like Chicago in February.

-Skip

i love chicago in February. what's -20 between friends?:cheerswine:

Haha, that is what is awesome about Kansas, you can have 90 plus one day and the next it will be in the 70's. Of course Tornadoes just pop up all over, i guess anywhere i was i would complain haha

Brian Austin said:
Sigh. Cancelled Saturday afternoon flight. New temp forecasted at 111 on Saturday and 113 on Sunday.

We're going to try for an early Sunday flight.

Any local folks heading to the FAA briefing at DVT on Saturday morning?

Hey Brian;
Take heart. Your temps are DOUBLE what we have here today! If I had a fireplace, I'd be putting another log on it.

Brian Austin said:
Heck, that's a COOL day here!

I remember when I was a kid visiting in Germany, they were having a massive heat wave it was getting up to 75* for 2 weeks now, and people were wandering the streets naked and dying of heat strokes! I was like "Anyone seen my green sweater?" I couldn't believe it.

Back