Black Fly

Velocity173

Touchdown! Greaser!
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Velocity173
Has anyone seen this yet? This is amazing! Gonna revolutionize personal travel as we know it.

Meh., it's ok but have you heard of the Terrafugia flying car? That is revolutionary!!

Actually just noticed there's no landing gear. Amazing to let it rock on it's belly to land.

The vertical take-off I could see as a no go for a lot of people. Not too many that would be comfortable at those high pitch angles.

Very cool, but not very practical in it's present form...

Very cool, but not very practical in it's present form...
Present form? You mean the last 50 years of tiltwing technology? LOL It's not going anywhere. Look, we gotta deal with things like, oh say, our income inequality and retirement insolvency, before the level of free time among the "dignified" population is large enough that VTOL capable personal conveyances have enough density of demand to warrant the technology infrastructure to field a vehicle capable of those specs in the first place.

Until then, VTOL will continue to be reserved as an incredibly expensive branch of aviation, and private players will continue to pay accordingly for the access to that niche capability.

Present form? You mean the last 50 years of tiltwing technology?

No, I was thinking more in terms of the one person payload and 25 mile range.

Until then, VTOL will continue to be reserved as an incredibly expensive branch of aviation, and private players will continue to pay accordingly for the access to that niche capability.

Maybe, but I can see a possibility as a taxi vehicle used by Uber or Lyft. I scoffed when I heard they were looking at providing something like this in a few years. Now I'm not sure that they wouldn't be able to pull it off. It certainly would make it much more accessible to the masses...

Has anyone seen this yet? This is amazing! Gonna revolutionize personal travel as we know it.

Heard a weird exchange today between Sault Sainte Marie (Canada) tower and an aircraft (I was flying through their delta airspace on the US side at the time). It went like this:

“Sault Sainte Marie tower, black fly charlie tango kilo echo” ( I don’t remember the actual call sign other than it sounded Canadian)

“Charlie tango kilo echo say aircraft type again.”

“Charlie tango kilo echo is a black fly”

“Did you say... black...fly?”

“Affirmative, a black fly.”

“Ah ok. Charlie tango kilo echo make straight in runway 22...”

At the time, I said to myself, “what the heck is a black fly?” (Even though I’ve seen THIS post’s black fly before I wasn’t thinking about this particular aircraft at the time). I wonder now...

Heard a weird exchange today between Sault Sainte Marie (Canada) tower and an aircraft (I was flying through their delta airspace on the US side at the time). It went like this:

“Sault Sainte Marie tower, black fly charlie tango kilo echo” ( I don’t remember the actual call sign other than it sounded Canadian)

“Charlie tango kilo echo say aircraft type again.”

“Charlie tango kilo echo is a black fly”

“Did you say... black...fly?”

“Affirmative, a black fly.”

“Ah ok. Charlie tango kilo echo make straight in runway 22...”

At the time, I said to myself, “what the heck is a black fly?” (Even though I’ve seen THIS post’s black fly before I wasn’t thinking about this particular aircraft at the time). I wonder now...
Pretty sure the company is based in Canada. Could’ve been one.

Back