Black Bear this Morning

Sad news, last week there was a bear mauling were I work. An 18 year old man was mauled/attacked by a brown bear, sad to say he did not survive the attack. I did not know the young man. I feel bad for his family, he came to Alaska to work and lost his life. May the young man Rest in Pease.

Sad to hear.

I’d imagine that many hunters hate wolves and other predators as they are competition for game animals. Without predator species, game animals thrive, become overpopulated, and then are easier for the average non skilled hunter to harvest.

I’d imagine that many hunters hate wolves and other predators as they are competition for game animals. Without predator species, game animals thrive, become overpopulated, and then are easier for the average non skilled hunter to harvest.

Farmers and ranchers, in my experience, have much greater disdain for predators and non-game nuisance animals than hunters do.

A rancher loses money every time a predator culls producing livestock.

A hunter generally doesn’t know if a predator is the reason no game was seen on a particular trip.

This isn’t always the case, but generally it’s been my experience growing up in a farming community and being a hunter.

Back