Bizzard in Mid US.

1600vw

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
H.A.S.
I took these about 30 mins ago. Its even worse now.

Post what it looks like at your place, good or bad.

Attachments

• Snowing and me 007.JPG
    Snowing and me 007.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Snowing and me 008.JPG
    Snowing and me 008.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 64
That ain't snow....:no::no:

This is what winter looks like

Attachments

• Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 47
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
When we were in the 80s this time last year all we heard about was global warming. This year....crickets.

When we were in the 80s this time last year all we heard about was global warming. This year....crickets.

Remember they
020106TA42_prv.gif
predicted global cooling in the 70's then started preaching global warming after that...

I believe yesterday was the 23rd day in a row that we had at least a little bit of snow. Haven't noticed any today yet. It's been okay, though. Only a few of the days resulted in more than five or six inches in a day, so it's been a rather kind winter in that regard.

Today it's sunny and 41 F last time I checked, and a lot of the snow is melting. It's still below average temperature for this time of the year, though. Should be a few degrees higher. It's been averaging about 10 F below average for the past month or so.

The picture attached is from a few days ago. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic: I took it to send to a friend of mine downstate who wanted to know what the snow was like before he made the trip up here.

-Rich

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 29

Yeah... I kinda was wondering about that, too. But I'll leave it at that lest a thread composed of pretty pictures of snow wind up in SZ.

-Rich

My backyard is snow-free. Migaldi is seeing a bunch of snow coming down out the window of his Amtrak train, though!

Not letting up. 9 inches and counting.

Attachments

• Snow updates 006.JPG
    Snow updates 006.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Snow updates 007.JPG
    Snow updates 007.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Snow updates 004.JPG
    Snow updates 004.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 17
I'm in Ohio. So far we've had an inch of snow (which is already gone), and some freezing rain (right now). Looks like this is on it's way to me. Nothing like inches of snow on top of a layer of ice to make for a fun drive to work.

You guys are making me jealous. I'm already spraying the yard for weeds here in southern OK. The ryegrass is already green, and the bermudagrass is starting to turn. Just moments ago, I was contemplating going out to the garage to de-winterize the lawnmower.

All I see is lots of moisture to make a good corn crop with.:goofy::yes:

You guys are making me jealous. I'm already spraying the yard for weeds here in southern OK. The ryegrass is already green, and the bermudagrass is starting to turn. Just moments ago, I was contemplating going out to the garage to de-winterize the lawnmower.

Awwwww. We all feel soooo sorry for you--I hope you don't have to take the pool cover off too. The horror! :hairraise:

That doesn't look like 9 inches. Anyhow, if it's enough to get school cancelled here, so be it.[/QUOT

Here you go..How do they say a picture is worth a .....

Attachments

• Snow 005.JPG
    Snow 005.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 24
Central NE still in extreme drought. We've had an inch of snow this week. Need lots more. :(

Here you go..How do they say a picture is worth a .....

Yeah, I can cut the first 8 inches off of a ruler too. Most women catch on pretty quickly though :lol:

Last edited:
I understand your thinking....I lie so everyone in the world lie's....If I cannot tell the truth no one can....

Sorry some of us tell the truth......

Well, in that post you did just claim that my quote came from you...

It made it to 84 here, before the rain cooled things to 75. I doubt we'll see much, if any snow, tonight.

We got about 10 inches yesterday and on the drive to the airport early this morning my car thermometer said 1F. Glad I wasn't trying to fly out yesterday. The flight was only an hour delayed (this was an airline flight).

Here in my new location it's probably high 60s and sunny.

Cold front went through Fri night, cooler on Sat with north winds. High pressure moving in today, temps up to high 70s and some weak spring thermals for soaring to about 8K MSL.

Over night temps in the low 50s, so the grass is starting to green up.

Awwwww. We all feel soooo sorry for you--I hope you don't have to take the pool cover off too. The horror! :hairraise:

Haha! Funny how we want what we can't have. I wish we got more snow here. Winter is my favorite time of year to fly in OK. In the spring, the smooth, stable, cool air of winter gives way to spur of the moment storms and choppy southwesterly winds.

P.S. I don't have a pool, but the lake is warming up. Just about time to de-winterize the boat :)

Mowed the lawn, second time this year, picked a few daffies, and weeded the flower beds.

Puget Sound weather I love it. warm winters cool summers.

Attachments

• flowers 04.JPG
    flowers 04.JPG
    669 KB · Views: 11
  • P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 11
  • P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 11
They say we received 13 inches. I will measure this when it gets light.

17 inches and still snowing. They say not alot more to come but it is still snowing.

Mowed the lawn, second time this year, picked a few daffies, and weeded the flower beds.

Skagit Valley Tulip Festival? I've been there before :)

17 inches and still snowing. They say not alot more to come but it is still snowing.

Wow. Haven't seen that much in my life. We have maybe 4-5 here so far...

Here in NE Ky...Light snow, OAT= 33F, Ground Temp= 39F. They are forecasting warmer/wetter than average. I like the warmer part!

We are definitely coming out to visit one summer in the next few years. Need to check out the bikini baristas.

A dusting to maybe a half inch here. Obviously we dodged a bullet. As the jet stream starts to migrate northward, I bet we'll be in the bullseye next time.

Back