Billy Graham, gone west

Will there be awards in Heaven?

(Ducking...) hahahahaha :)

p.s. This post shall be sanitized by Management for your protection. LOL

ed394acad54d4ed4baca39bbb1472d38.jpeg

With no disrespect meant to Billy Graham, I honestly thought the same thing. It seems like it’s been a while since he left the public spotlight.
Does that make him any less significant?

Precisely what I expected the rule to be. LOL :) Unfortunately, it slipped through my fingers and I already threw the sweepings away.
Sic transit gloria.

Our world was richer for having him, and poorer now that he’s gone.[/QUOTE]
He was such a superb evangelist and preacher that his civil rights activities are often overlooked. When MLK was jailed in Birmingham it was Graham who bailed him out. In the Deep South throughout the 50s and 60s Graham insisted that his rallies be open to all and he fought hard against segregationist attitudes. He and King were dear friends and preached at rallies together.

Our world was richer for having him, and poorer now that he’s gone.

Lots of people overlook that, especially those who scoff at religion and anyone associated with it. But Rev. Graham was decades ahead of his time with regard to civil rights. He angered a lot of people who weren't as enlightened as he was, but he was unwavering in his beliefs and his principles. He was a man of true integrity.

Rich

Any trophies that must be returned will be returned promptly or there will be unspeakable consequences. Note that the MC will not be evaluating which trophies should be returned so it is up to you to comply on the unpublished compliance schedule that you are expected to know without being told of its existence. Should you fail to comply with this regulation that you are unaware of and that we are not monitoring or enforcing but decide you have not complied with, you will be uninformed of any punishment timelines, but we will repossess the trophies that are no longer rightfully yours with extreme prejudice.

What's a trophy?

Rich

This is embarrassing for me to admit, but I never heard of him before.

This is embarrassing for me to admit, but I never heard of him before.
It’s ok. Nothing of any real importance has been discussed in mainstream media for a very long time. Just a bunch of drivel intended to distract the populace while a corrupt ruling class takes over our government.

Does this mean I have to return my "Seriously Likeable!" trophy? I had 100+ "Likes" yesterday, now only 63.
EDIT: Oh, I see. I have 63 Trophy points and 104 likes. Got it. Btw, what's a "Trophy Point"? Never mind, figrd it oot.

That can only mean one thing: Russian bots !

Any trophies that must be returned will be returned promptly or there will be unspeakable consequences. Note that the MC will not be evaluating which trophies should be returned so it is up to you to comply on the unpublished compliance schedule that you are expected to know without being told of its existence. Should you fail to comply with this regulation that you are unaware of and that we are not monitoring or enforcing but decide you have not complied with, you will be uninformed of any punishment timelines, but we will repossess the trophies that are no longer rightfully yours with extreme prejudice.

Glad to see POA functioning as I’m used to. :)

I’ve heard of him, but never really read up on his life/work. I guess I always lumped him in with all of the other televangelists as more of a swindler than a shepherd. Pleasantly surprised that he seems to have walked the walk, so-to-speak. I do question his support of that nutcase Oral Roberts, but that’s a minor infraction, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1949 LA.

First one Grand Rapids 1947.
Interesting. Thanks.

The Michigan thing makes sense, since that's where my father-in-law claimed to have hung around with the guy at dinners at home. Most of Karen's family was from Michigan back then. All Colorado kids nowadays... only one person left back there.

I've taken Billy Graham Parkway to get to the airport but that's all I got.

He seemed consistent, genuine, and committed to his faith - maybe he fooled us all for a century, but I kinda doubt it; me, I don't know who is cranking the big wheel, just glad he hasn't stopped. The Reverend walked it like he talked it, from what I've seen. I liked him.

A footnote to this thread...

Since writing the OP I've learned Billy Graham wrote about his trip to the Mayo Clinic that night in his book, Just As I Am. Another part of the story is how a student doctor may have saved his life that day:

Billy Graham-Just As I Am.JPG

Back