Bikinis on airliners

Tristar

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tristar
I wasn't sure where to put this but I thought it was funny if not just different. I was glancing past the news and heard a story about ladies creating in-flight entertainment by walking the isles in bikinis. Whatcha think about that guys? I'm sure thats a dream come true although I wonder how many are getting slapped by their wives, hehe. Apparently these particular airlines are racking up in sales as well, gee I wonder why!

:blowingkisses::blowingkisses:

I wasn't sure where to put this but I thought it was funny if not just different. I was glancing past the news and heard a story about ladies creating in-flight entertainment by walking the isles in bikinis. Whatcha think about that guys? I'm sure thats a dream come true although I wonder how many are getting slapped by their wives, hehe. Apparently these particular airlines are racking up in sales as well, gee I wonder why!

:blowingkisses::blowingkisses:

Apparently you don't remember Hooter Airlines.....

Or Naked-air. Google the phrase "naked-air"

Umm no!! I fly American Airlines and UAL the last thing I would ever want to see would be any of their geriatric flight attendants in a bikini. NO THANKS!

I have heard of hooters air. Playboy even has their own painted airliner. I'm with you on the flight attendants though, I've seen some scary ones although I dont think these girls were flight attendants.

I have heard of hooters air. Playboy even has their own painted airliner. I'm with you on the flight attendants though, I've seen some scary ones although I dont think these girls were flight attendants.

Oh, I thought you were saying some of the people (not the flight attendants) on the flight were doing this... I'm with the others on this. Don't need to see the FA's in bikinis.

Yea thats what I said, I do not believe they're flight attendants. It was a short news clip though.

The standards have been more than relaxed on flight attendants (Stewardesses) in the past thirty years. I wouldn't want to see that these days!

... Playboy even has their own painted airliner. ...

Had. I think Hef had to give up the big bunny when Playboy hit hard times. I think when travels now he charters a bizjets. He hardly ever leaves the mansion anymore anyway.

On the Playboy anniversary TV shows it was kinda funny seeing all of 1970s cutting edge tech he had on the plane like 200 pound 1/2" video tape players hooked up to 27 inch color TVs.

http://www.thestar.com/Travel/article/207118

In 1965, Italian couturier Emilio Pucci designed a multi-layered uniform for Braniff's infamous "Air Strip." At the beginning of the flight, each Braniff stewardess sported an apricot-coloured coat. During the course of the flight, she would gradually remove layers, moving from a pink gabardine suit to a tunic and culottes. In what may have been a publicity stunt, Braniff installed extra-high railings on the balconies of its stewardesses-in-training dormitory at Love Field in Dallas, claiming too many men had been trying to climb in.

http://www.tvparty.com/commercials/braniff26.ram

Last Xmas the family stayed in a bed and breakfast in Natchitoches, LA run by an ex-Braniff "stewardess". She flew on their Concorde at one point and has a print of it hanging in her den. She said she enjoyed the attention of wearing mini-skirts and designer outfits.

More Braniff ad...

http://video.aol.com/video-search/id/3484715230

Southwest even got into the act

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR7JApjgIGw&mode=related&search=

And there was the National Airlines "Fly Me" ad campaign

Exhibit-FlyMesmall.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, yes, there was quite a time in the airline biz. Don't even ask about "night coach".....

I got on an AA flight out of BWI a couple of weeks ago - the was a sl**... er... girl who was dressed in a shirt that basically had the back ripped out (and she wasn't even solo), large arm holes, and absolutely no support under all that. To say it left nothing to the imagination would be an understatement. I was quite surprised that AA let her broad, I can imagine that WN would not have let her on the plane. Then again, the flight was going to Dallas.

As one of my fellow passengers said "How do YOU say 'trailer park'".... yeah, it was that bad.

For those of you who don't remember, SWA's ticker symbol remains "LUV".

Umm no!! I fly American Airlines and UAL the last thing I would ever want to see would be any of their geriatric flight attendants in a bikini. NO THANKS!

ROTFLMAOPIMP. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ain't that the truth?

Now, the FAs on Thai last Saturday morning on my BKK-HAN flight would have been a whole different story. We'll see what Asiana has tomorrow night on my HAN-ICN flight. Then it's back to UA for ICN-NRT and NRT-SEA. But the FAs on my UA flights this trip have been, shall we say, seasoned veterans.

Any way you look at it, I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. Even if it is just over 24 hours from push back at HAN to the gate at SEA.

I am 100% behind the hot chicks on airlines wearing bikinis. Problem is that once this starts, the fat chicks will soon follow suit. Look at the beaches. lol

aren't you guys seeing a lot of male FA's? Lets think about this for a minute before making our request....
:D

aren't you guys seeing a lot of male FA's? Lets think about this for a minute before making our request....
:D

Yes, and its un-American! Let's go back to the days when the airlines would weigh FA, excuse me, Stewardess candidates before they were interviewed. Like cattle! LOL! This really was a common practice in the good old days. :D

no wonder you dont come to Gastons Anthony ;)

comments like that and you should be scared. diana may forget to fasten your seatbelt in the citabria...or the girls will all throw you in the river.

Yes, and its un-American! Let's go back to the days when the airlines would weigh FA, excuse me, Stewardess candidates before they were interviewed. Like cattle! LOL! This really was a common practice in the good old days. :D
And they could be weighed at any time during their employment to make sure they were still "conforming". There are some now who have trouble making it between the seats.

I don't think airliners should wear bikinis. They're not drag efficient...

Plus a plane would look silly wearing two skimpy pieces of cloth...

Haha! There just HAD to be a comedian in the group! I guess you could always paint one on.

ROTFLMAOPIMP. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ain't that the truth?

There could be safety considers that UAL and AA may wish to consider with the bikini proposal. :D:D:D

Last edited:

Youy mean the good old days when rates & routes were regulated and airlines competed on amenities? The days when most of the flyers were (male) businessmen and the FA's "moved their tails" for them? :D

I'll let you be the one to report back about the male FA in a Speedo...

No stories from me about that. But if you want to hear about the underwear I had to buy in Spain last week since my luggage was MIA until just before I boarded a flight home I'll tell you about that. All I can really say now is that the choices were limited and man-panties best describes it.

Bill, i believe the appropriate response, as a member of management, wouldve been to either delete that post or lock the thread :vomit:

Not that many really. This is still a field dominated by women.

Only about 12% are men. Continental seems to employ the largest majority of male FA's, but I don't know the exact stat.

No stories from me about that. But if you want to hear about the underwear I had to buy in Spain last week since my luggage was MIA until just before I boarded a flight home I'll tell you about that. All I can really say now is that the choices were limited and man-panties best describes it.

Should've gone commando... :rofl:

-Rich

Back